Dance Ads > Alexander senko

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Rumbagirl, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Rumbagirl

Rumbagirl New Member

Does anyone know what studio Alexander Senko works out of? Does he compete in American Pro Am at all?
    thanks!

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

He's an independent instructor, and I believe he teaches out of several studios including Chevy Chase in D.C. and Elan in Fairfax, VA.

No idea about his degree of expertise in American style.

4. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I've seen him teach at Du Shor in Bethesda as well, although not so much lately.

I've only seen him compete in international style before so I have no idea about his american style expertise.

5. Egoist

Egoist Member

I have seen him teach out of my gym so he certainly doesn't have an exclusive studio.

He used to do pro-am but since he got injured a while back I haven't seen him compete at all, pro or pro-am. Maybe he's not ready yet.

6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I think he is back now.

I found this video on YouTube of him dancing a showcase with a pro-am student, and it seems recent. (You have to skip to about :36 to get to Alex Senko and student. Btw, fancy production on this studio showcase video! Maybe I'm easily wowed, but I really like the way they did it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0k_RJECDA

7. I was talking to emeralddancer, who mentioned him. She dances at Atlantic Ballroom here in Baltimore, MD, so I would check that studio. Or PM emeralddancer.

8. Bella

Bella New Member

Thanks for the vid CCM! He's really good friends with Nik on this forum, so he may know what's up. I've heard he's teaching out of Elan, where Garry Gekhman and my friend also teaches at. I have never seen Senko compete in American Pro-Am but I may be wrong...

9. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

He seems to be working at a studio called Rendezvous in Rockville, MD as of late 2016.