Ballroom Dance > American Smooth Shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by astoria, Aug 13, 2011.

1. flying_backwards

flying_backwards Active Member

Hi @Bushytail3, I also need room for my toes to spread but the fashion is for pointy toes. Even the Supadance models that say "rounded" are too pointy for me. I admit the more boxy toed shoes are not as elegant looking but foot health is more important to me than elegance. I searched a lot. The best (for me) has been american classic ballroom dance shoes. (The url is www dot that dot com.) I get mine custom, but you can get the not-pointy models off the rack if you do not need other modifications. I'm on my third pair from them. Not cheap, but so worth it for foot comfort. I do not know the IDS brand so I cannot compare.

2. Bushytail3

Bushytail3 New Member

3. Bushytail3

Bushytail3 New Member

Thanks @BrokeForBallroom! Your information certainly helps a bit.

4. Dancey

Dancey Member

Here are some photos I have of the American Flex. None of them show how flexible they are, but I think they are pretty flexible and so far these are the best I've found for pointing my toes. They are a bit 'pointy' in the toes though, they would be perfect with a more rounded toe! You could try going wider, these are a Wide.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. blackswan

blackswan Member

These are what I wear for Smooth competition - love them, super flexible - but also had to go with wide because of the narrow toe box. Otherwise, they are true to size.