Bachata only with Significant Other?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by lalagirl, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Newdancer81

Newdancer81 Active Member

I think the line is obvious once you get more into dancing. However, I think if someone does not dance normally, seeing bachata or even tango can look intimate. Your skin is touching so if your significant other doesn't know it's just having fun, I can understand the jealousy aspect.

2. Newdancer81

I know it's weird to quote own text but after I say that, I'm starting to realize that I'm having a hard time separating a dance/bachata connection with my instructor. For some reason, I think she's having the same issue too. I think there's dance chemistry between the two of us.

3. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

Bachata doesn't have to be any sexier than waltz or American tango. There is nothing inherently sexy about Bachata.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  4. Newdancer81

Is tango not supposed to be sexy? When I see it, I fall into a bit of a trance. With regards to bachata, I think Dominican bachata should be fun whereas modern bachata has to be romantic and sexy. Of course, this is just my opinion.

5. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Any dance can be sensual, flirty, or fun... depending on how you interpret it. Some dances definitely fall more that way than others though.

Even though you spend a good time in the rumba a good distance away from your partner... much further than bachata and Argentine tango... I find it to be a much sexier dance.

Angel HI and stash like this.
  6. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Not true...... the Reigning, Undisputed Queen of Bachata

MaggieMoves and tangotime like this.
  7. Newdancer81

I think that looks sensual and sexy and is modern bachata. Maybe I'm too innocent lol.

8. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Without a doubt! There is no one sexier (IMHO)! My post was with regard to the reference in red below.
    Neither 'must' be one or the other; they only need to be relevant to the music, no?

9. Newdancer81

Maybe "must" and "has to be" were too strong phrases lol. But IMO, I thought Dominican was intended to have a more fun vibe and modern/sensual bachata should have a more sexy feel. Of course, with any dance, it's how you interpret the music.

Angel HI likes this.
  10. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

You need to post this on Salsa Forums.. there is an on going discussion about style.. responses should be interesting..

Angel HI and MaggieMoves like this.