General Dance Discussion > Beginning Dancers' Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Derek J. DeRouen

Derek J. DeRouen New Member

Hello All, we would love to get you all to livestream dancing and get paid doing so! We have an app called [****] and [****] dot com. By signing up you can begin making money livestreaming! We highly recommend livestreaming your dancing because our audience would love that. You can email me at [****] (at) [****] (dot) com for more information. If you make an account and email me I will be able to hook you up with more viewers and a better celebrity (paid) status.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  2. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I am quite positive that nobody would pay to watch me dance.

3. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Most of us pay to have people watch us dance. I suspect that it would end up being more of the same with "Derek's" app.

4. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Spammer has been banned. Post has been left up so the rest of us can dream about a world in which people would pay to watch us dance.

5. Nikita1996

Nikita1996 New Member

What knee pads do dancers typically use? Describe?

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't think ballroom dancers usually wear knee pads...though many of a certain age wear knee braces

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

8. JoeB

JoeB Active Member

Depends on how badly they need money and how much they need.

9. InfoSbdt

InfoSbdt New Member

I have heard some wise words from a very successful teacher who trained many good ballroom couples. Her idea was that beginners need to learn steps first, which help them acquire interest and keep them excited. Techniques will come later with the desire to dance the steps better. Lead and follow, especially body contact can also be emphasized later, start with learning directions individually as leader and follower will make the couple dance much easier.

KPomPom and JoeB like this.
  10. woody599

woody599 New Member

very true

11. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

That was exactly how it worked for me! I would have been overwhelmed if I had to think about being "right" when I started out. (OK, I still sometimes am!) But dancing should first and foremost be fun!

12. BOWEN

BOWEN New Member

Wow, this thread is created a long time ago~

13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

We have a lot of threads that span the years. When commenting on a particular subject, we prefer to find a topic that touches on that subject and add to it, rather than start a new topic. Helps keep conversations a bit more organized.