General Dance Discussion > Best Compliment(s) You've Ever Gotten On Your Dancing

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Phil Owl, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

A former US smooth champion told my pro gow well i danced at the last comp,that I was leading everything and very active and athletic.

Later my Latin pro said one of our competitors pros that was on the floor with us notticed me and wanted to come shake my hand in the middle of the heat! " your guy was really dancing not just being led around" he said.

Too bad they weren't judging lol

Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I went to a social party in the Phoenix area a few weekends ago with a friend. I danced a few times with this guy fairly new to Ballroom but he had the basics down real well.

Later in the evening he asked me how much I charged for lessons. :eek:

3. macbadoo

macbadoo New Member

"Oh wow! You're already trying to take charge! This is what? Your third class? Most men start to remember using their hands by the sixth or seventh class!"

Needless to say, that it made my day.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  4. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

"I saw you line dancing last week, and I was like, good God!"

I'll take it!

(Clarification - they often play one or two easy line dances at the practice party, e.g. Cupid Shuffle, Wobble, etc. I find these are good times to experiment with moves and embellishments).

5. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

"Show me the move please, I'm not getting it."

Not much of a compliment indeed. Except it came from our local teacher, during a masterclass given by two foreign teachers.

Sania and Tango Distance like this.
  6. Misshaley

Misshaley New Member

1. When I started dancing I was taking class with a group of kids to catch up. I finally figured out how to do an echappe saute with a battu, and the class that was waiting for us to be done started clapping and cheering for me *blushes*

2. I had a lady come up to me after a show and tell me she cried the whole time I danced.

3. My dance teacher let me teach all her classes while she was recovering from surgery. That was a high compliment because I knew she trusted me to teach her students!

cornutt likes this.