Ballroom Dance > Videos > "butting in"

Discussion in 'Videos' started by ballroomdancertoo, Sep 22, 2015.

1. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Well-Known Member

2. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

OK.. I'm about to wrangle a few feathers.

The character of that "tango ", seemed like a 100 metre sprint. Where has the element of" light and shade " gone ? .

j_alexandra and raindance like this.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the editing.

4. tangotime

I don't think so.. just look for one ex. at the timing of promenades .

No " delay " is evident in many cases. The hall mark of a great dancer ( Scrivener, Irvine, Binnick , Hiltons et al ) is how they expressed timing . Accents thru "poses " only, seems to be the only place they occur .

j_alexandra likes this.
  5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I thought the butt-bump was cute. But I don't get the ladies bringing their heads to vampire-bite position. Whazzup with that/when did it become a thing?

6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even when there is stillness, it feels like they're racing through it.

7. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

Agreed with comments on the racing and odd head movements seen here. Standard in WDSF comps seems to be changing to the point it doesn't look like the same dances at times. Not the direction I'd like to see standard go, personally. :( :eek: :confused:

JoeB and MaggieMoves like this.
  8. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Well-Known Member

"But I don't get the ladies bringing their heads to vampire-bite position" funny comment.very descriptive of some of those movements!

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

LOL I used to have one of those in my routine with my partner over 10 years ago. So I can't really tell you when it became a thing.

j_alexandra likes this.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Not a fan of it...in a competitive setting, seems like a blasphemous invasion of personal space. Better for show dancing than comping, IMHO.

j_alexandra and raindance like this.
  11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, with the sound off, it looks like foxtrot.

12. tangotime

:eek::D