Funstuff and Inspiration > Buzz every time you slouch

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by DanceMentor, Apr 16, 2017.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

This could be interesting for dancers

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Reminds me of those gadgets they used to sell for driving, that would sound a buzzer if you nodded off at the wheel.

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Could be useful. Wearing a dance frame yoke thingy raises eyebrows around the office.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Especially when you knock over the donuts ....:mad:

cornutt and Loki like this.
  5. flying_backwards

flying_backwards Active Member

Looks similar to Lumo Lift, which showed up as an ad on my browser a couple weeks ago right after I googled "pinball machine tilt detector" in a half-joking way looking for such a device. Im curious if any dancers have made use of these. If I carried myself taller during my non-dance day I would not have to consciously correct my posture as often while dancing.

Just a plain timer that chimed every 30 seconds would help me, as my posture deteriorates as soon as the idea leaves conscious attention... even while browsing DF reading about posture.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I'd probably tune a timer out in short order unless it was obnoxiously loud or irritating. This I know from a rather loud clock. I'm not conscious of the thing after a few minutes in the room.

I have seen posture correction shirts/bras/whatever advertised somewhere. That might be an alternative, but no personal experience as to effectiveness.