Ballroom Dance > Videos > Corky and Shirley Ballas "Somewhere in Time"

Discussion in 'Videos' started by slhull.13, Sep 24, 2015.

1. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

So a few nights ago on DWTS, Mark Ballas was talking about one of his favorite routines that his parents ever performed-- one of the last that they danced together before their divorce, a rumba to the song "Somewhere in Time" by John Barry
    On the show, they played a short clip of the performance, which is absolutely gorgeous! However, the google machine has thus far failed me and I have not been able to locate a video of this performance. Can any of you sleuths help me out?

NB-it was never made clear whether or not this was a showdance, or was performed in competition. I haven't had any luck sifting through competition routines yet, but perhaps someone else might.

2. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

At least on YouTube, Shirley and Corky's stuff is pretty elusive. Happy hunting!

If nothing else, it's awesome to see how her dancing has continued to evolve, both during her professional competition career and even post retirement (there's a recent video of her and Eugene dancing a rumba from the KK dance camp this year and I'd argue she's just kept growing and revolving as the art form matures).

ajiboyet likes this.
  3. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Did you know that, Corky was raised in the business ?.. His father ( George ) was a FA franchisee for many years...

4. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

DON'T I KNOW IT :(

I will keep searching!

5. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

There's also her jive lecture with Riccardo at Ischia in 2006, and her rumba lecture with Yegor Novikov at Blackpool in 2012. She's still a beautiful dancer.