Could you help me to identify a dance style ?

Discussion in 'Videos' started by blabolila, Apr 16, 2015.

1. blabolila

blabolila New Member

Hello everyone :)

I am new here. My nickname is Blabo, I'm a french scholar. I study performing arts and not long ago, a teacher asked me to analyze a video clip as homework.

The only problem is that this video clip involve a lot of dancing — and I'm far from being unbeatable on the topic (it's the least to say)... So I wanted to know if your community would be so kind as to help me to "diagnose" the dance style in question.

Here is the clip:

I suppose it's contemporary... and I'm stuck at this point. :confused:

That's it. If you could help me I would really appreciate it (and some of my mates as well). :) Also I'm curious...!

Thank you for your nice attention!!

Best regards.
    Blabo

2. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

I'd love to help (hopefully someone here can!) but be forewarned that this is primarily a partner dance community. Most of us don't do that kind of dancing.

I did what searching I could, and this random blog says:

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Agree With Dbk it's a predecessor to hip hop and has some of the footwork used in the upright part of breaking

4. CaliChris10

CaliChris10 Active Member

Hi,
    For me it is a mix of hip/hop with a little house.
    You have awesome house dancers in France!!!!! Some of the best!

5. blabolila

blabolila New Member

Hello,

Well thank you very much for your help :) I really appreciate it and it really helps me. I've been watching some "soul", "house" and "hip/hop" performances and indeed it will help me to "label" it in my homework. So I'm very grateful to you :) thanks again

Good continuation in your passion! ;)

blabolila