Country and Western > Country Dancing Riverside California

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Ggoode, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Ggoode

Ggoode New Member

I'll be doing some work out in the Riverside area in April. Figured I'd start looking now for close places to go country dancing during the week and weekend. I'll have a rental so I can drive a bit. Will head over to Cahoots? around Fullerton. But hoping for something closer

Thanks
    Gary

2. David Summers

David Summers New Member

Hi Gary, Here's a few. The Maverick, Norco. The Saddle Sore, Norco. Stampede, Temecula. Water Wheel, Norco. The Ranch, Anaheim. Brandin' Iron, San Bernardino.

David

3. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been seeing more classes offered recently in dances like Country 2 step. At Atomic Ballroom in Irvine, they tend to play a couple each (ballroom) night. And on some West Coast Swing nights they have classes.
    (but I know Irvine is hardly close to Riverside County!)

4. David Summers

David Summers New Member

You're welcome, Gary. Atomic Ballroom in Irvine has country two-step beginning and intermediate classes plus line dancing every Thursday, starting at 6:15. Country Stomp, for open country dancing, starts at 8:30. Irvine is actually very close to Riverside by Southern California standards. I have to go out to Riverside from Dana Pount every Saturday. It's a piece of cake. If you don't go in rush-hour it takes about 60 minutes on the 91 Freeway. If you go after work, traffic will be headed East, in the opposite direction of the way you're headed. The Ranch, in Anaheim has lessons most nights and is even closer to Riverside.

5. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Used to be part of "California mix." They played CW 2 music at the Press Box when I was there a few? years ago on a WCS night, a welcome break from constant "blues;" all of about the same tempo.