Ballroom Dance > Videos > Dance Comp Review - Windy City Open Dance Sport, Chicago IL

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Egorich, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Egorich

Egorich Active Member

Hey dance folks!
    A review on Windy City is here, and hopefully some people will find it helpful for next year!

Give some feedback and share the goodness :)

2. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Awesome review! Very professional, thorough, and nicely edited.

Egorich likes this.
  3. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Wonderful! Beautifully done! I'd love to see each review you create, and I will recommend this to my non-DF dance friends. Great job!

Egorich likes this.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

having been to this comp this year I would also say; ACCURATE

debmc, Egorich and SDsalsaguy like this.
  5. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Ok, that was pretty cool!

Egorich likes this.
  6. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

well done!

Egorich likes this.
  7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Best possible endorsement right there!

Egorich likes this.
  8. Egorich

Egorich Active Member

Thanks so much, you guys! Definitely was striving for accuracy and wanted to make as objective as possible.
    I appreciate your responses!

9. flightco

flightco Well-Known Member

And I want to thank you for having a couple seconds of me and my pro on the video; what a fun surprise and thanks to Clumsy Fellow for pointing it out to me.

Egorich likes this.
  10. limni299

limni299 Member

I'm not in the US but thought that vid review was great.

Egorich likes this.
  11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Good job, one thing I did notice - especially after all the talk of IOS7 motion sickness issues for the iPhone - was there were a couple of moments of shaky or zoom out moments that could make one feel a bit dizzy. But otherwise I enjoyed watching the clip!

Egorich likes this.
  12. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

a few suggestions for things to include in your next review:

hours for restaurant and room service in the hotel and perhaps a mention of the food. Is there a place to get coffee etc and the hours for that.

taxi or shuttle from airport? Prices?

warmup or practice area info (size of floor? wood or carpet?)

Wifi in ballroom, etc? Free in rooms or just in lobby (I know you have already mentioned this but assure you that this is a big deal lol)

Egorich likes this.
  13. fascination

lol...food was the one comment I made in private as well

latingal and Egorich like this.
  14. fascination

he did make some mention of practice floor

Egorich and Bailamosdance like this.
  15. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I really liked the review. I liked the way it was put together, the editing, and the personality of the narrator. I know everyone will have their unique perspectives, but for me as a competitor I like hearing the distance and cost from airport to hotel, where the comp is located ( in the city, outside the city, walking distance to restaurants or in the middle of nowhere), and yes...food availability! The details of the hotel rooms doesn't interest me as much. Availability and location of a practice floor and size of the competition were good to know too!

Egorich likes this.
  16. Egorich

Egorich Active Member

Thanks for all the responses, guys. This was my first episode, thus I did have a lot of parts missing. It seems that a lot of folks do want to know the taxi fair. I will make sure to include that for the next review. (With the only problem that fares can be changed. But, I guess, I'll find the average.)
    Restaurants and food is a biggie!!! Will do better for the next review for sure:)
    flightco, I hope you didn't mind me putting you out there. You looked good!! :)

debmc likes this.
  17. flightco

flightco Well-Known Member

Since this was my first comp, it made me feel good to see myself on your video. I am very glad you didn't use some of the video I have of me:mad:

danceronice, latingal and Egorich like this.
  18. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL...well I have gotten out of a few comps in the evening session and went hungry til morning, that was NOT a good experience, especially after competing during the day. If I had known, I would have made sure to visit some place where I could buy food and store it in my room for after the evening session.

debmc and Egorich like this.
  19. Egorich

Egorich Active Member

I hear you, as it happened to me so many times! Definitely will think to grab my camera to the next food place I find that works at night:)

debmc likes this.
  20. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Oh, shush. You were great, especially for your first comp!

Egorich likes this.