General Dance Discussion > Dance shoe index, new and improved!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by wooh, Apr 17, 2007.

1. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hey, thanks wooh... some interesting threads here

3. bastet

bastet Active Member

wow! nice- thank you!

4. danceflower

danceflower New Member

thank you for sharing. :)

5. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

cool threads! very neat index!!! Thank you!

6. Toddy

Toddy New Member

wow thanks for the links. Saves me alot of time searching considering I am new here

7. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

8. itsthisgirl

itsthisgirl New Member

preferences! shoes...

once again out of curiousity:

Shoes: What is your favorite shoe? what heel height? color? And we all have that pair of shoes you know you should give up but just love so much...so how long have you had them (after they should've been parted with)?

9. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

I think if you just do a search, there are quite a number of threads of the same topic. =)

10. itsthisgirl

itsthisgirl New Member

then you dont have to respond if you do not feel inclined to do so :) its a FUN thread. *shrug*

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Why not create a new thread to reply to laucy.my's post, then? :rolleyes:

12. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

I agree with you. As you stated it is a "FUN thread." Those who aren't interested, don't have to respond or read it. I like your posts. As far as I am concerned they are sugar, spice, and everything nice. Also, I note that you are a relatively new poster-and I would like to welcome you to Dance Forum. You fit right in. :)

13. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

It's not that the mods are buzzkillers. It's that this forum's moderators seem to prefer that if a thread exists on a topic, new posts go there, rather than creating a new thread. Some forums are the total opposite and hate 'thread necromancers'. On this one they prefer people not have to search through a million topics.

It's forum culture. Personally, I like the 'new thread' style as it means people aren't going along and replying to five-year-old posts, but the mods here prefer there be fewer threads. As I'm not a mod (and neither are you, freeageless) it's not my place to say.

Hence "summon TC" being a useful skill when you can't find a thread.

14. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Very well then.

15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sorry guys this really isn't a matter of opinion...please do show the courtesy of at least attempting a search before starting a new thread...we have equally FUN threads on the exact same content and it is a PITA for people who come on and DO actually do a search, to have to weed through a zillion similar threads...or for the unpaid mod staff to have to spend hours trying to merge them all

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

its fine to post in this one until we merge it but we ask that folks at least make a fair attempt to check before starting a thread...and lets end the debate there

17. itsthisgirl

itsthisgirl New Member

at the risk of sounded dumb, what is a 'TC'? ugh forum lingo!!!

18. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

See other thread.

And some board software platforms can be annoyingly detailed with the Search function.

19. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Shoes didn't even require a search. Just actually looking at the forum. There's links to ALL of the shoe threads stickied under General Dance Discussion.

20. basicarita

basicarita Member

This is absolutely amazing - and so thorough! Thank you so much!