Ballroom Dance > dance studio manager issues

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Tiniest Dancer, Jul 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

1. Tiniest Dancer

Tiniest Dancer New Member

Would like advice on how to handle manager of studio being verbally abusive to people I love my instructor and don't want to leave him but don't know how to deal with this manager

2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Well if your instructor is an employee of this said manager - there's not much you can do other than take your money & time elsewhere.

If your instructor is independent, find floor space to lease elsewhere. You'd be surprised how many places are willing to let you wear dance shoes on a nice wood floor.

3. Tiniest Dancer

I did not know you could do that I will ask him

4. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Is the manager the owner? If not, you could talk to the owner.

5. Tiniest Dancer

No but he isallowed to run studio as owner is not hands on and has no clue how he is treating students

6. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Treating students badly seems to not be a good business practice.

Loki, Sania and eaglemike like this.
  7. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Cluelessness as to how business is being conducted also seems to not be a good business practice.

Requiem and Mr 4 styles like this.
  8. jiwinco

jiwinco Active Member

Yes, treating me badly was the reason I left the last studio. Basic courtesy is not too much to ask for when spending thousands a year. I am not the only one that left... seems like bad business, but newbies are always showing up to spend their money. In an area where there isn't a lot of competition, people put up with a lot to keep dancing.

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Some studios thrive on a revolving door of newbies...

10. eaglemike

eaglemike New Member

There is something (at times) about the "I'm artistic" temperament. A little can go a looong way.
    :)