Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS season 19

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Aug 13, 2014.

1. davedove

davedove Active Member

I get to spend some time with Kym and Sharna in a couple of weeks.:dancingbanana:

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I assume the 4 styles will then be grilled, minced, seared, and skewered?

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I assume the 4 styles will then be grilled, minced, seared, and skewered?

you betchya!!!!!!!

4. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I feel Julianne's hair and makeup team is doing her no favors. She looked like she's at least 35, although she's 25 years old.

5. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Loved Val and Janel's paso tonight.

6. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

That was an extremely odd rumba. But better odd than horrifying. I was pleased they Tommy and Peta decided to go out with a non-trashy dance.

7. davedove

davedove Active Member

I have to agree though that their Arg Tango had some awkward transitions into and out of the lifts.

8. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

If it were up to me, Alfonzo for the win, Janel 2nd, and then for me it is a complete toss-up between Sadie and Bethany. It will likely come down to who has the best free style, and I have to give the edge to Derek there. Last night I thought Sadie's first dance was better than Bethany's first dance, and then I thought Bethany's second dance was better than Sadie's second dance. Shrug...who knows? It will be disappointing if Alfonzo doesn't win though.

9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Alfonso and Witney are apparently being coy about the possibility of their doing tap for their freestyle. That would be pretty danged awesome in and of itself, and would have the bonus of potentially helping him work around his injury.

I will say that if they don't win it, I think I'm going to want an All-Stars 2 season pretty much specifically to give him another chance at winning after he's had a chance to heal up.

10. FoxTrotExtrovert

FoxTrotExtrovert Active Member

I think I'm going to be devastated if Alfonso and Whitney don't win. I would love to see Alfonso do tap for their freestyle as well.

I know Val has a large fan base, but can that compete with Bethany's 7 million youtube fans? I think Derek will ultimately have the edge over Val in the freestyle because I think he is the better choreographer. I've actually become a big fan of Sadie's. I think I've watched one episode of Duck Dynasty by accident when I had insomnia so I really knew nothing about her. I'd like to see her one of the final 3.

And, yes it was time for him to go, but I was cheering for Tommy last night. Freaking 76 years old!!!

11. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

I will be disappointed if Alfonso doesn't win because I think his performances over the whole season have been consistently the best, but if they give it to Janel I won't be completely heartbroken. I will be, though, if they give it to either Bethany or Sadie. Out of the whole lot, they definitely deserve to be in the finals, but I don't think they deserve to win.

12. Mr 4 styles

Alphonso and witney for the win.

13. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I also would like to see Alfonso win and Janel second. Really, I love both of them. I also think both of them have been given challenging choreo week after week. The same cannot be said of all the competitors.

14. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I actually didn't like any of the dances last night. Kind of want my two hours of my life back!

15. Mr 4 styles

Lol Maggie moves no dice

16. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous! I usually love watching Argentine tango, but none of them I felt were that great. The entire show had me a bit bored to tears.

Maybe it was the music. It just felt like something was missing.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

Some of the unplugged versions were cool to listen to but not great for dancing

18. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

I made the right call to watch Gotham instead of the 1st hour.
    Please, please, no more Argentine Tango!
    They really don't know the dance well enough (except maybe Derek) to do it justice.
    Hey, did I miss the guy who used to announce, "and now so and so and so and so doing the ArgentIne Tango?"
    Maybe next they'll ruin one of my other favorite dances, West Coast Swing.

19. Mr 4 styles

They tried that already. Even when lacey did it as a pro it was lousy

20. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Bolero got butchered too, as I recall.