DWTS season 19

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Aug 13, 2014.

1. kckc

kckc Active Member

Actually I haven't minded the Argentine Tangos. Until last night, they have been able to get some entertaining, good and sometimes great performances. I agree though that last night was butchered. Val and Janel might have been ok if she was able to do the lifts correctly, and with those legs, Sadie should have been able to pull off a stunner if not for the accommodations made for her age and other considerations.

Totally agree, no more WCS or Bolero.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Yeah that season they tried bolero wcs and progressive two step. Remember that nightmare?

3. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Going to search for these on YouTube when i get home. :)

Sometimes the train wrecks are more enjoyable to watch.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Enjoy. Talk about missed connections

5. Mr 4 styles

Wait. Doh it may have been sytycd that had country

6. Mr 4 styles

Yep kherington and mark on sytycd. Still a nice train wreck

7. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

nice?
    Well, it's not like you have to do the actual dance called two step or anything.
    After all, their routine came from champions.

8. Mr 4 styles

Poor brandy and Ronnie. the contestants butchered that

9. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

really, really butchered. which is shame because it's a gorgeous dance.

10. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

Actually, I take it back...this could have been a lot worse. Don't know what was with all the lifts though...

11. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I've been stupidly behind (the last episode I saw was week 4) and just caught up...after the last few seasons, I don't even bother to listen to the judges' comments because we all know what they do.

At this point, I want anyone but Janel to win. I am ABOUT some Alfonso (especially when he smacked whoever scared him with the mask). I love Derek and Bethany is fine, but I'm having a hard time remembering anything I've seen from her. I've no idea why Sadie has won me over - and crazily, I'm really liking the younger Ballas this season. Janel's very good, not great, but not a very clean dancer. More than that, showmances sicken me, and I'd noticed in the first few episodes how the judges were shoving her down our throats (which does nothing but turn me against that person).

I guess we'll see what happens.

FoxTrotExtrovert likes this.
  12. FoxTrotExtrovert

FoxTrotExtrovert Active Member

THANK YOU! I don't know what it is about Janelle, but there is just something that's been bugging me about her the entire season. I like Val and would like him to win, just not with her. (I would have preferred him to win with Danica last season if it was all Maks and Meryl!)

Sadie won me over too, but I'm loving Alfonso and totally want him to win. I think Whitney has been amazing with her choreography.

13. kckc

kckc Active Member

Janelle irritated the heck out of me at first but I have started to come around on her. She seems much more natural and unforced than she did at first. I think the whole showmance BS at the beginning of the season put her in a weird position.

I'm totally rooting for Alfonso and if not him, then Janel and then Sadie. I still haven't come around on Bethany. She is totally forgettable.

14. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

I love Sadie because she is a cutie, and she is almost the best dancer -- but every time I see her do that sweet virgin act I think about "Don't Touch Me There" by the Tubes.

15. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Sadie
    nnnnn... I'd have to say not.

Question...
    SYTYCD is very up front about finding "America's Favorite Dancer," rather than the best dancer of the top 20 we selected.

I can't think of any comparable statements made on DWTS. But then, I didn't watch the show at all for many years, and have only been watching hour 2 this year, sort of.
    Is there such a statement?

16. Mr 4 styles

no there is not

17. davedove

davedove Active Member

I think someone last week (I believe it was even one of the judges) said something like "Sometimes the best dancer doesn't win".

But certainly nothing official has been stated.

18. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Well. Not happy, but it could have been worse.

19. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Everyone gets 10s! "A" for effort. Geez... There's more ego-boosting after this week's show than I've seen at an Arthur Murray. I missed most of it though due to the Ferguson verdict though. Boo.

20. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

where I am they interrupted for the verdict, but then continued where it left off