Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 20

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Feb 11, 2015.

1. davedove

davedove Active Member

I watched some of the streamed training sessions and he seemed to really be taking it seriously. But, then he had a very mediocre first week, although no worse than some of the others. He stepped it up for the second week, but by then it was too late. He definitely shouldn't have gone before Charlotte though.

2. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Boobs. Just sayin'.

Loki likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

charlotte mckinney chris soules fyi

and char-mck is HHAWWTTTTTT

4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

That would be the only reason she's a celebrity, yes...

Loki likes this.
  5. nikkitta

and if she wanted to be taken more seriously, she shouldn't have worn costumes that flaunted her.... "assets" so much.

6. danceronice

I don't blame them for their costuming as I strongly suspect they all get very little veto power (in reverse if one of the teens who's been on wanted something more revealing I bet they'd have nixed that.) DWTS knows why she's famous and why they cast her, they're going to show it off whether she wants it or not. If she'd wanted to be taken more seriously, working hard and not trying the 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' routine would have gone farther.

7. nikkitta

that too.

8. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

So my hairdresser (e.g. the lady cutting my hair at Great Clips) started talking about DWTS yesterday, and stated that although she really liked Noah, she felt that Rumer "needed" this win just given where she was in life, so she agreed with the final result. (I guess kind of like you "need" a massage or a pedicure or a therapy session to make you feel better). Because I did not want to compromise the quality of my haircut, I decided not to point out that this is a competition and the title is up for grabs to whoever can take it, not owed to the person with the most compelling backstory or life situation. Sigh. (but note... this is one perspective from the POV of someone who is not heavily invested in ballroom like those of us on this forum).

9. danceronice

Well, really, given it's a competition based mostly on voting, it kind of IS down to who has the most compelling backstory if they can swing enough votes that way....

10. IndyLady

I don't disagree... and I'm fine with Rumer winning based on her dancing, it just seemed like she (hairdresser) was implying that she deserved it as a consolation prize for all she's been through prior to the show, vs. a "wow what incredible odds you've overcome to arrive here". She emphasized the word "needed" which is why it struck me the way it did.

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Life is not a handout. You don't get something just because you "need" it.

IndyLady likes this.
  12. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Some sad news- Prince Farming has split up from his fiancé!

13. IndyLady

Yeah, that was my line of thinking but in the moment I decided to go with "discretion is the better part of valor" approach. Vanity won out.

theAnnelis likes this.
  14. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Rumer "needed" it? WOW. Um...okay.

danceronice and IndyLady like this.
  15. Newdancer81

Newdancer81 Active Member

Okay, I didn't read through this thread, but for all these "stars", how do they pick up all these dances so quickly? Do they only practice for 45 minutes a week and get all these moves? Or do they spend like every day with their pros? I feel so terrible that I can't pick up things in months and these stars pick it up in less than a week.

16. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Definitely a few hours a day. I'm willing to bet at least 20 hours of practice time are put in by the dancers at the top spot, if not more.

17. Newdancer81

Well that makes me feel better because 20 hours is like 10 to 12 weeks my time lol

18. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I think they're supposed to spend 6 hours a day rehearsing. Or that's the number I've heard.

19. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

If you had a pro leading or back leading you 4 hours a day, I think you would follow during the show routine.

IndyLady likes this.
  20. Newdancer81

Well that's good. It makes me feel better. So like 20 hours a week, which is like 10 weeks for me lol