DWTS Season 21

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Aug 19, 2015.

1. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

It's still early, but some news announced today. Karina is returning for this season. Also other female pros are Sharna, Peta, Witney and Allison. On the male side so far- Val, Derek, Mark and Artem.

2. davedove

davedove Active Member

I also saw that Len will NOT be on. :(

3. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

All I want is a pimp-free season.

On another hand, I'm thrilled Karina is back. She's who I study. Her and Derek. I don't like when the guys dance shirtless, but I love when he dances samba or rumba shirtless - you can practically hear the man's ribs crunch. It's something I aim for in my own dancing.

4. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

It's a shame. I'm going to miss his direct assessments of a showcase. Many of the other judges just like to sugar coat everything. Heard on the radio this morning that he'll be on Strictly though... with maybe an appearance or two on DWTS.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. MaggieMoves

Bindi Irwin and Victor Espinoza got announced to be on the show. Bindi is Steve Irwin's daughter (Crocodile Hunter), and Victor was the jockey for American Pharaoh who just won the Triple Crown. I don't know much about Bindi, but Victor is undoubtedly a petite man at 5'2" and 115 lbs... I think there's no question that he'll be paired with Whitney Carson.

6. sbrnsmith

Also Paula Deen and Chaka Khan were confirmed as contestants

7. MaggieMoves

Eek... Paula Deen? Really? I'm surprised they let her on the show.

Read also that Nick Carter is on the show. I used to love the BSB when I was a teenager. :inlove:

8. sbrnsmith

I'm looking forward to Victor Espinoza.

Rest of them will be announced on Sept 2nd

9. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Cast reveal today. It's an interesting one...

Bindi Irwin & Derek
    Victor Espinoza & Karina
    Nick Carter & Sharna
    Hayes Grier & Emma
    Alexa Vega & Mark
    Carlos Pena Jr & Witney
    Chaka Kahn & Keo
    Andy Grammer & Allison
    Gary Busey & Anna (Trebunskaya's back!)
    Kim Zolciak & Tony
    Tamar Braxton & Val
    Paula Deen & Louis (Van Amstel is also back)
    Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay

Apparently, there's been a huuuuge shuffling of cast. Not only is Peta out due to a pretty severe ankle injury that needs surgery (and Andy was originally her partner), but Artem is out, Henry is gone completely, and they've brought old pros back that not only haven't been on the show in years, but have also apparently said not very nice things about it after. I know Ill never find out, but I'm extremely curious as to what happened here.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  10. MaggieMoves

Nick Carter and Sharna... Calling it now. :)

chachachacat and theAnnelis like this.
  11. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Shame she doesn't have a contender, but I'm super-happy to see Anna T. on again.

12. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

You read my mind.

LVA has written some things about DWTS on Facebook...some rather caustic things...about the show, the dancers, everybody...I was completely convinced that he had burned his bridges...

13. davedove

davedove Active Member

He did make an appearance on the 10th anniversary special last season.

14. davedove

davedove Active Member

I can't say I'm a Nick Carter fan, but I would love to see Sharna win one.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Apparently Henry burned a lot of bridges when he refused to help nasia after starting to help Derek with her at the beginning. Derek mentioned drama but never mentioned Henry by name. Seriously bummed. I prefer his dancing and look over artem for sure

16. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I heard the same thing, Mr. 4 Styles, and the story was confirmed by Shirley Ballas. It is a shame. I loved Henry's new, more masculine look and dancing. And he seemed like a sweetheart and very well suited to being a teaching pro when he was partnered with Diana Nyad. And to think, if he had just not complained about helping Nastia, he would most likely have been given another chance at a pro position.

Really? I knew he had made sideways remarks toward Derek, but I didn't know he went crazy like that. I've heard the same kinds of things about Anna and Chelsie, but I never really saw anything that any of them said about the show and the dancers. But I did see Edyta's blogs though :oops: THAT was not good.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  17. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Oh boy...it would seem I haven't even scratched the surface...I didn't see said blogs...

18. Mr 4 styles

Edyta is just pizzed her hubby only got one season her choreo would have never let her win anyway.

danceronice likes this.
  19. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

OY...I remember in one particular entry she mentioned how she thought "the people upstairs" were full of crap when they said they matched couples by height and said if that were true, Kym would have gotten the partner she was matched with one season...I forgot who it was, I think it was Lawrence something, who she mentioned happened to be a convicted sexual offender and given the heights, she didn't think it was a coincidence that she got him instead of Kym *cringe*

20. Mr 4 styles

Lawrence Taylor........