Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 24

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by davedove, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Oh crap. That's not a great idea

IndyLady and raindance like this.
  2. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Yeah, as much as I'm able to be all "ermahgerd, look at the minis" at actual dance competitions, I have a hard time imagining that being anything other than a real mess.

MaggieMoves and raindance like this.
  3. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Supposedly they're having the entire Cubs fanbase vote for him...

4. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Please no, no kids. I didn't watch the kids' episode of SYTYCD, I don't want to see children (on TV anyway) do partner dancing. Especially sexy cha cha's or emotionally wrenching contemporaries, both of which will be train wrecks.

5. Mr 4 styles

The sytycd was actually good. Except for the ballroom. Jenna acting all hot and sexy with a 12 year old just didn't work

6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Seriously Val- we know Normani has an amazing body, but since when is it ok to put her in a body stocking from Frederick of Hollywood for her Quickstep instead of a long skirt?

Pet peeve- I love all the Pro dancers- they are amazing and they work really hard. I'm not a prude- but I am SO tired of the 2 piece bikini costumes on all the female pro dancers... we know they have amazing bodies. But we don't need to see lingerie outfits on each and every show...

MaggieMoves and IndyLady like this.
  7. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Or "They" could just stop manipulating the show. If that happened, I'd go back to watching.

IndyLady likes this.
  8. IndyLady

^^^This x1,000,000. I made a snarky social media post a few years ago about "give the ladies their pants/skirts" back. It's like they saw it and decided to take it to the next level of skimpiness (j/k, my settings are private, I know it was not a personalized conspiracy). Frankly, I feel like it removes one of the elements of dance that gives it its visual appeal, which is how the outfit moves, whether it is a flow-y smooth/standard gown with floats or Latin fringe.

sbrnsmith likes this.
  9. kckc

kckc Active Member

Yes, sadly I must agree about Val/Normani, even though they are my favorites by far. Len was absolutely right about the VW. It was too fast-paced, and without a skirt, it just wasn't Vw-ish. I've read that the pros have input on the costumes, but I suspect the music is mostly "take it or leave it". Sigh. Give me traditional music. And get off my lawn! :)

IndyLady likes this.
  10. Mr 4 styles

The cat suit hurt Normani lack of body contact visible. I'm picking rashad to win tonite.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  11. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

I suspect the cat suit is only a negative to the other actual dancers in the audience who are hoping to look at quickstep technique. The general audience would have liked it (or not) for other reasons.

MaggieMoves and Mr 4 styles like this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

Rashad wins...... and goes on tour. Should be fun

IndyLady likes this.
  13. MaggieMoves

Meh, I'm more happy for Emma than him to be honest.

The show last night felt like the Simone & Sasha show before they cut to the final dances. I'm surprised they didn't ask her for the tour.

14. Mr 4 styles

I'm thrilled for Emma she has paid her dues

Now sharna needs to win !!!

IndyLady likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

I wouldn't be surprised if Simone pops up on tour at a few venues

16. davedove

davedove Active Member

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!! (She should have won last season!!:mad:)

Borazine likes this.
  17. MaggieMoves

I still think Sharna's biggest robbery was with Charlie White. How the heck did she not win that season?

theAnnelis and IndyLady like this.
  18. IndyLady

Got my tickets for it to a venue near where my MIL lives... hopefully this will be a nice treat since FIL passed away last month and a good show.

19. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I was so happy Rashad and Emma won! She is adorable!

IndyLady likes this.
  20. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

He got Ralph'd.

At this point, I feel like there's one every season.