Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 25

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by davedove, Aug 30, 2017.

1. davedove

davedove Active Member

The first celebrity coupling has been announced. Drew Scott, from the "Property Brothers", will be dancing with Emma Slater.

The pros and a couple of celebrities were anounced last week, but the final cast announcement will be Sept. 6.

2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I heard Cheryl Burke is back too...

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Nick and Vanessa lachey I heard too

4. Mr 4 styles

Victoria Arlens with Val confirmed

5. davedove

davedove Active Member

I've heard they are supposed to be coupled with Peta and Maxs. They're playing up the spouses competing angle.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

The returning pros are Val, Lindsey, Whitney, Alan, Mark, Peta, Emma, Maks, Keo, Gleb, Sharna, Artem and Cheryl

Sad that Sasha has returned to the troupe

Happy that Len will be back

7. davedove

davedove Active Member

Here's the lineup:

Drew Scott with Emma Slater
    Sasha Pieterse and Gleb Savchenko
    Barbara Corcoran and Keo Motsepe
    Derek Fisher and Sharna Burgess
    Victoria Arlen and Val Chmerkovskiy
    Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold
    Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev
    Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke
    Frankie Muniz and Witney Carson
    Debbie Gibson and Alan Bersten
    Lindsey Stirling and Mark Ballas
    Nick Lachey and Peta Murgatroyd
    Vanessa Lachey and Maks Chmerkovskiy

I have actually heard of many of these people,, although there are a few that are new to me.

I see Sharna doesn't have a "rehab" case this time.:p
    I love Lindsey Stirling's music and performances. She's also cute as a button.
    Wow, interesting to see Debbie Gibson again.

MaggieMoves and IndyLady like this.
  8. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Thanks for the list. I'm only familiar with three - Barbara Corcoran, Nikki Bella, and Debbie Gibson (so you can see my taste in TV/music, lol). I had to google all the others.

9. davedove

davedove Active Member

I've only recently become familiar with Lindsey Stirling and I really like her music. I'm considering some of her stuff for future choreography.:cool:

She has done some dancing with Derek Hough in one of her videos, as well as doing choreography in other videos, so she's not completely new to this. When I heard the rumor that she was going to be on the show and that Mark was coming back, I felt they were a likely team. I foresee them using some of her music for performances.

I had never heard of Victoria Arlen, but she has an interesting backstory. She's the "rehab" contestant this season.

Other than that, there are the common tropes: Disney kid, former TV star, athletes, a "Shark", etc.

10. MaggieMoves

I think she actually might win. She was a paraplegic until last year when she started to walk again. Before she had use of her legs too, she was winning Paralympic swimming competitions.

Outside of her, I think Terrell Owens is the one to watch for.

11. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

I haven't checked in with Lindsey for a while last video I saw was western gun fight themed, and didn't appeal to me at all. Check out "Kairos" for sure.
    But, my gosh, she is practically a professional dancer.

12. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

CHERYL IS BACK???????????????

CHERYL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!

13. ajiboyet

Did no one watch episode 1?

Do we just not care anymore? LOL.

14. MaggieMoves

I went to a bar with my b/f for that night. Monday night and the Giants were playing.

I saw some of the dances, watched without hearing the music, and I couldn't even tell what some of them were.

I've heard all sorts of drama with Lindsey Stirling too being a "professional dancer" unfortunately. People seem to be using 1 or 2 videos as "evidence" which are just choreographed routines.

15. Mr 4 styles

Lindsey was great. Jordan Fischer was great. Victoria Arlen and the girl from PLL were also pretty good. Debbie Gibson not bad either. TO has rhythm but he's no rashad

16. MaggieMoves

Based on the ratings - ouch. The number is getting smaller & smaller by the season by a large margin.

I remember when 20+ million people tuned into this show for the premiere. This monday was half that.

17. MaggieMoves

I got bored and made a chart of DWTS ratings and even compared it to Strictly's ratings. I didn't really expect Strictly's ratings over the years to increase like DWTS has sunk lower and lower. If the trends continue, Strictly will have more viewers than DWTS this series/tv year.

I swear I am not a huge nerd... :bookworm:

upload_2017-9-23_23-50-27.png

Attached Files:

DL, Mr 4 styles and IndyLady like this.
  18. ajiboyet

I get you.

I saw ALL the dances WITH the music, and it took me a few bars to determine the dances. First of all, the music choices were quite horrible for a few couples. Also, the announcer doesn't announce the dance the couples are going to perform any more. We just hear the couple's name and then the music starts. You can guess what kind of dance it is based on their outfits (i.e. Ballroom/Latin), but beyond that you have to wait for several bars before you see a feather step, and go "oh, foxtrot".

I don't know if this has any impact on the ratings, but...

19. davedove

davedove Active Member

You have to remember that the vast majority of viewers have no clue what defines each dance, so I doubt that affects the ratings much. I might irritate the dancers who watch the show, but they are just a small sliver of viewers.

20. ajiboyet

I swear we believe you...

ralf, Mr 4 styles and MaggieMoves like this.