Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 25

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by davedove, Aug 30, 2017.

1. AHCook

AHCook New Member

I thought last week's waltz was bad, but the quickstep was just so messy.

2. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Am I alone in thinking they really need to can their music director?

3. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Nope! It seems to be getting worse and worse.

I don't think they've done a waltz to a 4/4 yet this season though. So at least there's that.

Mr 4 styles and Phil Owl like this.
  4. AHCook

AHCook New Member

It seems like every time I start to think that, they use a couple of really good songs, but yes, overall I think they need a new director!

Side note, @MaggieMoves I read that Frankie and Witney are doing a Viennese Waltz to Perfect by Ed Sheeran. I think they will do it right!

5. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Love their Halloween night. It’s the set design and the whole creepiness of it.

6. MaggieMoves

@AHCook cool! I have two friends that compete in smooth who also did a performance to it, but sadly they took down the video.

What did everyone think of the team dances? I'll admit, I liked the theme of the first one better, "Monster Mash," in the cornfield but it was just not that well executed. But the other one... meh... it wasn't perfect either.

The trio dances are next week, which I'll admit is one of my least favorite nights. I always feel like those dances are the most disjointed with the exception of the rare few.

7. AHCook

AHCook New Member

Haha, I'll admit it is my favorite night, next to Latin! I personally loved Laurie's, Calvin's, and Rashad's trios! Though some have been quite bad.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Whitney Lindsey and Alphonso crushed the trio round

9. davedove

davedove Active Member

That always grates on my nerves!!!!!:mad:

MaggieMoves likes this.
  10. davedove

davedove Active Member

And, of course, they did it this week!!!!:mad::punch:

IndyLady likes this.
  11. MaggieMoves

This song? :rofl: I came back from practice last night around 9:15 and missed this performance entirely. I really wonder who the heck signs off on this kind of stuff.

12. AHCook

AHCook New Member

As soon as this song started, I thought about all of your comments and started laughing because we had just talked about this. This was the first waltz I have ever seen danced to a 4/4, but now completely understand you guys' frustration.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  13. AHCook

AHCook New Member

Thoughts on Frankie and Witney's Viennese Waltz? Again, I am new to all of this, but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as Len made it sound. He did stumble when catching Witney, but I thought it was still a nice performance.

14. MaggieMoves

I went back on YouTube and watched it. I'm biased because of the song, which I absolutely adore.

He did seem to play catch up a lot, and actually got ahead of her at one point. The beginning of the dance I didn't like as much because it looked like Whitney was dancing around him. It definitely lacked a bit of polish - I'm not sure if it deserved the 9's it got. But then again, everyone seems to be getting 9's now that we're later in the season.