Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Returned to my personal free weight circuit trainer, now that we are actually home for awhile.
    HUGE hug from him, then "50 reps" "let's start easy"....hahaha, apparently I've been able to keep up because I told him the weight was too light.
    It felt really good, weird, I know, but my body embraced it so well that even I was surprised!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Sometimes a break b is all it takes to refire the effort

3. 3wishes

yep, next time (tomorrow) he said be ready....uh....that's a normal "90" rep thing. I simply think he prefers that number. lol, wink.

4. Mr 4 styles

Yesterday I did a amrap hiit workout. Timed to 2 minutes per circuit with 1 minute rest did eight round before I couldn't make the time.

Here's the round. 12 dumbell chest presses with 50 lb dumbells. Hi row at 100 pounds dual handles 10 reps. Lat pull down at 110 lbs 10 reps. alternating hammer curls at 25 lbs per arm 10 reps per arm triceps extension dual handles at 65 lbs 10 reps decline bench crunches with 35 lb plate 10 reps. If you don't make time it's over. Amrap is "as many rounds as possible " cardio brutal but epic pump and sweat . All on my gym at my townhouse complex. It was awesome

5. Mr 4 styles

BTW you should use weight that is 50 to 70 percent of single rep max so muscle fatigue doesn't toast you too fast

Legs today at the gym was brutal too

6. 3wishes

Today was 60 reps, free weight lifts. It actually felt good, until I held a weighted plate and had to do step-up's with lunges. Argh.

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Started a jog today. Walked back. It was a soup outside at 8am. Blah. Then 20min yoga for my back.

Purr likes this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

Rowed 2300 meters in ten minutes Endurance training for Spartan. Oh and I bought the shoes!!

Dancey and 3wishes like this.
  9. 3wishes

Love the commercial of the 80 something nun running her 46th triathlon. Lol. Hope I am like that!

stash likes this.
  10. 3wishes

Coach noticed my body has changed since the last time we had a session, for the better!

Mr 4 styles and RiseNFall like this.
  11. Dancey

Dancey Member

Awesome, I love Spartan races - just did one in August (the day after competing at Capital...yikes). Start stretching your calves now! :)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

Oh yeah. I run a lot so that's always on the agenda lol

13. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Spending some time with a quality trainer to learn how to lift properly. 3 sessions in, and I've already decided it's totally worth the money... and that I hate back squats, which probably means I need to do a million of them. (Deadlifts, though, I'm loving. And front squats are cool.)

Also, gotta love when you finally get around to googling your trainer, and learn that he was WAY modest about his accomplishments.. dang. Lucky me, because dude has some serious credentials.

14. 3wishes

Knocked off gluten completely (I became sensitive half a life time ago before it became a seemingly diet fad of late), got rid of dairy all together, and nothing with sugar or high content sugar in Veges or fruits, down 6 pounds in 3 weeks, also went back to free weights with my great trainer, who is trying to talk me into some MMA movements and figures, uhhhhhhhh, which my sister does. Uhhhhhhhh, maybe if I was wrestling a tiger I would.

15. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Work has been in the way for exercising. I've almost put in a full days worth of overtime in to close out the fiscal year. Trying not to beat myself up over not exercising

Purr likes this.
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

With some very strict dietary control I have lost about 9 pounds. I'm much closer to what I consider a "comfortable weight" for me. I still have about 8 pounds I want to lose before my wedding, but with 5 months to go I think that will be doable.

RiseNFall likes this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

Went on a calorie restricted diet for a month dropped 14 lbs now at 12.3 percent body fat with no loss of muscle mass or strength based on dexa scan and trainers strength assessment. Now to muscle back up to 200 lbs which will put me at 9 percent body fat. Latin shirt looks gooooooood

3wishes and cornutt like this.
  18. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Meals are mostly prepped for the week (I cook breakfast each day as an enjoyable part of my morning). Healthy eating habits begin in force tomorrow!

Mr 4 styles and RiseNFall like this.
  19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I got my annual health screening done early last week. The results were pretty much exactly what I'd expected ... which is not a terribly good thing. Nothing is technically out of spec, but my cholesterol and triglycerides are up enough that it's high time to stop saying I'm going to fix my diet and actually do it. The first week went pretty well. I'm definitely not going to do any serious carb restrictions this time. Those are high effective for me, but lead to an inevitable crash. Sustainability is the watch-word this time.

Of course, I also got a belated birthday cake this weekend. Time timing was ... less than ideal. But how can I complain about birthday cake?

Purr, stash and Dancing Irishman like this.
  20. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Moderation's the key? Not that I'm one to talk, I am terrible at moderation with treats, which is why I'm wary of buying ice cream or baking cakes or cookies for my home (bags of chips are also a non-starter).

On a totally separate front, I restarted my weightlifting program this week after ~4 months of not doing anything serious on that front (I'd do bodyweight exercises and some less-challenging weights when doing intervals, but not specifically lifting with strength as the #1 goal). The results were better than expected, though I'd forgotten what soreness every time you walk up a stair felt like.

3wishes likes this.