Dancers Anonymous > Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Went to the office gym instead of my usual haunt yesterday, and the weights are in lbs (not kg) - plus there is no 'ladies bar'... so I guessed on my working weight for squats based on how it felt. Getting home and using the googles, I was within 1.5kg of where I was working before the holidays, so yay for muscle memory and for not losing too much over the break/with that nasty virus!

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Completed a one month burpee challenge. Tested by doing 100 burpees in 8 min 26 seconds. This is considered "super athlete" if I can go sub 8 minutes it's "total badass" that's the goal. And adding in a prisoner squat/wall sit challenge in prep for spartan race later this month. Also 6 to 7.5 mile trail runs twice a week. And lifting and dancing. It's a second job!!

Purr and 3wishes like this.
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

After spending since really November 5, sitting, resting, getting over that DA__
    Virus of whatever that was, it felt slow but amazing to do my regular exercise plan again. Although, Zumba instructor had it in for everyone with an entire 20 minutes of dumbbell weights. Yeah, try lifting the arms to the steering wheel, ugh but a good ugh.

4. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Made a concerted effort to more consistently eat healthily and make it to the gym to work out starting this new year (not calling it a resolution, but the start of a hopefully lifelong habit). Down ~1" in waist size so far!

MaggieMoves and RiseNFall like this.
  5. Dancing Irishman

Also, found out through a couple free personal training sessions that I quite like Olympic weightlifting - can't wait to be able to start working it in more regularly post nationals (I'm not mucking with my strength / conditioning program until then, other than taking rest days when my body tells me they're needed).

FancyFeet likes this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Spartan race tomorrow. Sprint is 3 to 5 miles with 20 to 25 obstacles. Gonna shoot for 1 hr 15 but sub 1 hr would rock. Arooo

stash likes this.
  7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm too lazy to Google - why is bacon ok on a paleo diet but not hotdogs?

8. Mr 4 styles

Danching Irishman. Add a prisoner squat/ wall sit challenge right now before nationals. Your legs will rock during the comp

9. Dancing Irishman

Sugar getting added to hot dogs, maybe? Or potentially a soy or similar product showing up in most recipes?

chomsky likes this.
  10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Because bacon is OK on any diet. Or should be. :cool:

11. Mr 4 styles

Spartan sprint done and done. 4.6 miles 22 obstacles. Only failed two and had to do 30 burpees each 1:15 time. Not bad for an old dude. DanceComp this weekend next!!

chomsky, stash and MaggieMoves like this.
  12. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Hauling heavy stuff is fun.

chomsky and Dancing Irishman like this.
  13. Mr 4 styles

Flipping a 400 pound tractor tire is too

chomsky, 3wishes and FancyFeet like this.
  14. 3wishes

Ok, why oh why does my body give out at 2.5 miles, power walking.
    My goal was been to do a 5k walk....and yes I know how many miles that really is,,, crap!,,, I guess I am going to have to slow down to make that goal, this has been going on for way too long.
    Stellar achievement walk goal......the Revlon 3 day walk. That's the goal. I may have to wear roller skates!!! Sigh.

chomsky likes this.
  15. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

I think you are on the right track... build to the distance you want first, then build speed at that distance. Or switch back and forth (do a 3 mile walk, then do it faster, do a 3.5 mile walk, then do it faster, etc). Sustained fast walking takes a lot of energy!

chomsky likes this.
  16. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Maybe because hotdogs have a grain based filler in them? Most are not gluten free because they contain wheat products.

Loki likes this.
  17. 3wishes

Down 4, YES, 4 sizes. Woo woooooooooo!

Purr, chomsky, cornutt and 2 others like this.
  18. Mr 4 styles

Danced my first pro am comp in smooth this season. Fitness work I put in for spartan translated in to ease of movement with plenty of power and no fatigue. Pro was verrryyy happy with movement quality

3wishes and chomsky like this.
  19. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

3 dances and I'm out. I used to dance 3 hours non-stop not 3 dances. Exercisewise I am dead but getting there, step by step...

20. 3wishes

Zumba "tiny" and can't be more than 5' tall teacher, had us do weights with latin movements. UGH!!!! 40 minutes of that and I'm feeling like Popeye without the spinach.

chomsky and Mr 4 styles like this.