Dancers Anonymous > Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Zumba, ballroom lesson, walking, circuit training, over the last 7 weeks, consistently...Which has resulted in me removing all of my ....well....bra's from my ballroom dresses and starting to replace them with a much smaller size. Praise God!!! You have no idea....well,,,,some of you might.

Purr likes this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

5 mile trail run with 650 feet of climb yesterday . Mud fest literally running thru rivulets of water and mud. Slip and slide but no falls. One hour. Not bad given the horrible conditions. But a healthful day to be outdoors

3. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

The group I lift with at the gym is testing 3RMs this week... the trainers won't let me test mine, since I missed a 2+ week chunk in the middle of this training cycle with a popped rib and subsequent subscapularis spasm, and only make at best 2 workouts a week (rather than the 3-4 the rest of the group gets in).

Instead, I get to do heavy 3 rep sets. I get it, and it's smart, but still... :(

4. Mr 4 styles

This weekend OCRT. Obstacle course race training. Mock spartan race with 14 obstacles at a gym that specializes in O C R yeah buddy.

3wishes likes this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

interesting that, now that I am working out just one hour a week 6 days a week, there is no discernible difference from when I was nearly killing myself every day....still not where I want to be but making small progress as opposed to getting worse when I was working harder....

RiseNFall and FancyFeet like this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

9.2 mile trail run with 1100 feet of climb 1:46:22 BOOOOYAAAHHHH

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It's Friday, and where will Purr be this evening? Dance options are limited this evening, and I'm not sure I want to see Kong: Skull Island. So, the gym it is. While my body will be happy about the choice, my mind sure isn't.

8. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

@fascination, don't underestimate the importance of adequate rest and recovery! I got fitter when I scaled back on the workouts by a few hours/week and made a commitment to go to bed on time every day.

9. Mr 4 styles

Sleep is key. Get a good fitness tracker that also monitors sleep and you can add water intake as key as well

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sleep and water have never been a problem :)

FancyFeet and Mr 4 styles like this.
  11. 3wishes

Let's just say, my brother's house in Lakeway Tx is enormous, seriously. To the point that in doing things pre-wedding and even today, I don't need a fit bit to count my step total each day. Lol, in-door sky diving today- pre wedding.

Purr likes this.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Everything is bigger in Texas!

13. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

The gym that I joined back in January because it was "opening soon" finally opened this weekend. I made it in this morning. Nothing serious, just a few miles to start to re-establish a baseline. My body's all, "ok, that was a bit messed up, but we're cool. It's over and done with." Little does it know. :D

cornutt likes this.
  14. 3wishes

wedding walking, climbing trails to the on-site cottages, running back and forth, climbing stairs and downstairs for pictures. Enough said.

RiseNFall likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

Kettle bell workout this am. Finished early which bought me a 1000 meter row and a three minute walk sit. :confused::eek:

MaggieMoves likes this.
  16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

The good: I got some resistance work in at the gym this morning. M4S would be proud. :p
    The good in a very different way and in fact kind of bad: my office celebrated pi(e) day in style today.

Dancing Irishman and Mr 4 styles like this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

If you burn it you can eat it. Calorie for calorie. If you are at your goal weight already

18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Best strategy is not to eat it at all. I don't want to work that much harder at the gym to burn off a 300 to 400 calorie dessert or snack.

19. Mr 4 styles

That doesn't work you go into starvation mode and hold onto every calorie

Yep snack need to be under 150 calories that's the key like KIND bars and such

20. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Dude, I eat 3 portioned meals a day, and 1 or 2 small snacks a day such as you described. I don't starve myself.

I'm talking about eating things like pies, cakes or donuts. I believe Pies was mentioned in one of the about posts. For those, my strategy is not to eat them at all. When coworkers bring that stuff into the office, I used to feel peer pressure to be polite and eat something. Now I don't. If someone says, Purr, I brought in chocolate glazed crème filled donuts, I say thank you. But I don't get any to eat. I don't need the sugar or the excess calories.

FYI, and I'm sure you know this already, you really need to read the label of whatever snack, like protein bars, that you choose. Sometimes there can be a lot of sugar or junk hiding in what looks like a healthy choice.

Dancing Irishman and Loki like this.