Dancers Anonymous > Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thanks. Moving forward, I think I need to include more upper body work of sorts. I used to do more, but then I had a lingering inflamed elbow so I had to scale back. It's fine now, but it's probably it's best to start small with the free weights and build up slowly. There are other pieces of weight equipment I could do, to change things up. I don't see the point in walking on the treadmill because I already walk on my lunch hour. Ditto, I don't like doing the stair climber, because I can walk stairs at work. There is another elliptical related machine I can use, but more than 5 or 10 minutes may cause inflammation in my right hip. My issue is lingering anger and resentment for why I have to go.

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Just sprayed coffee out of my nose.

We ever meet in person, drinks are on me.

Purr likes this.
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Ok! Sorry about the coffee. Once I did the same thing with grape juice; it burned something awful.

Maybe I should have phrased it "lingering anger and resentment for why I have to go to the gym". Genetics are against me. My dad had osteo arthritis of the lower lumbar region. My mom has had 3 back surgeries, including a spinal fusion. I'm doomed.

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yesterday was walking at lunch and evening yoga class. Today is walking at lunch, and rest and relaxation this evening.

5. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

I wish I could count the miles my sewing machine feet do as exercise..... still battling with new meds so some days I have to push really hard just to walk. Not dancing either at the moment and I REALLY miss it:mad::meh:

6. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

Hang in there, and keep doing what you can (walk, etc). Do you have access, and are you allowed, to walk or exercise in a pool? Moving in the water isn't dancing, but the freedom of movement in the water might feel good.

SwingingAlong and RiseNFall like this.
  7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

And it's great for the joints. Less load bearing

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

Hugs to you and healing wishes

SwingingAlong likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

Trainer invented a new circuit. Warned me " it would be a cluster....." 24 inch box step ups with 60 lb sandbag on right shoulder then left 14 each side. Carry said sandbag on shoulder 100 yards down switch sides then back. Jump split lunge rope slams 14 then 14 side jump with rope slam then run quarter mile at 6 mph with 6 percent grade. Each round the grade goes up 1 and the mph up one. 7/7 8/8 and last round 9/9!! Rope slams go up 2 per round All wearing 10 lb weight vest.

I'm officially decimated:meh:

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

11. Mr 4 styles

Yes that's a valid assessment :confused:

12. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Caught onto you tube channel video of Blender. Workouts of normal people provided from their home garage. I'm a fan. May stop paying circuit trainer, I can take "blender" with me anywhere!!!! I can't take him. woo woo.
    sigh, I'm not a fan of circuit training,,,but hey, with road trip warrior husband, South Dakota is coming up...gotta keep up,,,,1, 2, 3 and 4. hahahaha.
    Did yoga for the first time in months yesterday. Feeling it today.

13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Workout at gym Sunday...similar to last Sunday's workout...added 2 upper body exercises...did some additional physical therapy exercises...amped up weights on some exercises by 5 pounds...am glad I have yoga class tonight because I need to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out...have noticed I am getting some serious muscles

raindance likes this.
  14. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Whoever put overhead presses at 75-80% of max and plyo pushups in the same workout is EVIL.