Dancers Anonymous > Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Spartan race this Saturday. So ran intervals and lifted alternating all at 7000 feet to acclimate for race. Ready to go

100 burpees in 9:15 also. Not bad for at altitude

2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I am going to have one taco, along with my plain Greek yogurt and container of fruits and vegetables, for lunch today. That seems to be a good compromise.

RiseNFall likes this.
  3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Plain Greek yogurt is a good substitute for sour cream IMO.

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yes. But I don't like sour cream on tacos. I prefer a plain, hard shell taco with the meat filling, lettuce, shredded cheese and a little mild salsa. If available, maybe I'll add a few tiny pieces of green pepper. That's it.

The Fage yogurt I brought in has 100 calories, 18 grams of protein (36% DV), and 20% calcium DV; there's only 7 grams of sugar. That's not bad for yogurt. I can't say much for the taste, but I'll get over it. I'm eating it for the protein value. The more protein I can build into my diet the better.

5. Mr 4 styles

Salmon, chicken .... more protein !!

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you're getting better! :cool:

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

@Purr - try onion and cilantro instead of cheese and lettuce if you want to save a few more cals. Very popular option around here at real taco places.

8. Mr 4 styles

Another fun day at the obstacle course gym. Rope climb. Z wall ,Olympus wall monkey bars , and rings

Oh and tyrolean traverse. Crawling along a horizontal rope upside down 6 feet in the air. When you say it like that it seems nuts :beye::confused::eek::D

Race day is Saturday. If I'm not on here Sunday.... I'm sleeping in:)

9. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

If you were a kid, you'd call that recess!

Sania and Mr 4 styles like this.
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Have you thought about trying out for American Ninja Warrior? :p:D:eek:

Sania and Mr 4 styles like this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Yes Purr I have. Need to train on their obstacles which are harder!! The gym does have a warped wall tho :eek::jawdrop::D

Purr and cornutt like this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

Whew. That Spartan race today kicked my booty. Fort carson Colorado at 6200 feet. 8.4 miles with 1600 plus feet of climb. 27 obstacles. Had to do burpees on 4. It was hard but awesome. Tonite it's a big steak !!! Time around three hours. We will see how that stacks up for my age

RiseNFall likes this.
  13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Decision to make... Next week, at work, our group is moving to another building. There are advantages and disadvantages, but one disadvantage is that the gym that is located in the complex where we are now will no longer be as convenient; I'll have to drive over there if I want to use it, instead of just walking downstairs. My membership is up in August. There's a Y on my way home where I could get a membership, and if I got a membership there, I might be able to get DW to start going there. But I do like the lunchtime classes at my current gym, and it has access to a nice running trail, which the Y doesn't have.

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

Ys can vary greatly in quality...I recommend seeing what sort of trial offer they might give you btwn now and when your other membership expires to see whether or not it will meet your expectations

RiseNFall, cornutt and raindance like this.
  15. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have both memberships? Is the work one subsidized at all?

16. fascination

still teaching at least 5 classes a week in my home and definitely doing better on food choices but it still isn't enough exertion to really get to where I want and yet I am sore enough that I couldn't really do more...le sigh

17. Mr 4 styles

Okay..... 4th in my age at the Spartan race. Feelng very powerful ..until my smooth pro kicked my azz!!!

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Interesting. I thought current research is indicating that while exercise is important and valuable for overall health and disease prevention, diet is substantially more important for weight management. Something like 80-20.

Of course if you're a dedicated long distance runner, it probably doesn't matter a lick what you eat.

Now I'm curious- have to go dig through some Medscape / Medline and see which way the wind is blowing. ;)

19. fascination

yes...what you eat is more important...no, I am not a distance runner...

20. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Slept in this morning (worth it!), so no gym for me today... just practice, where there will be at least a couple of rounds, because comp is soon. Can you call it a lazy day if you are still planning multiple hours of physical activity?