Dancers Anonymous > Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Return to Zumba this morning. Pace was fast and faster, then weight added in the last 20 minutes. Weights no problem, had to work at the pace though.

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

It's a lubricant that they inject into the joint. I think it has a bit of anti-inflammatory something in it, but it's mostly just lubricant. Getting the injection hurts like hell, but it only takes a few moments. I had my first one last May and by September it had worn off. However, the second one I got in September is still working. I'm told that the average is 6-12 months.

I've got to call my insurance provider and see about what happens when I'm ready for another one. I'm afraid that they may not pay for another one. We'll see.

3. 3wishes

Danced with a gent who is 6'8", he realized by the 3rd measure, I knew what I was doing, and well, my strides got really longggggggggggg. Great dancer, but gezzzzz, the old heart rate was right up there, more than a Zumba session. Lol.

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Trail running, lifting and orange theory Total of 9 hrs a week.

Last trail run 7 miles 500 feet of climb at 7000 feet. 80 minutes. Man altitude running is tough

Weight back to ideal for next Spartan race. Time to up the grip strength. Adding in a ninja gym.

Oh yeah. Still dancing and working :confused:;):)

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Complete with salmon ladder?

6. Mr 4 styles

They have it. I haven't tried one yet

7. 3wishes

So does fly fishing count as resistance exercise? Lol.

RiseNFall likes this.
  8. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Only if the fish are bigger than you. ;)

Sania, Mr 4 styles and 3wishes like this.
  9. 3wishes

Lol, mm, the arms got a work out casting!!!

10. Mr 4 styles

Did the la luz trail run yesterday. Timed competitive event starting at the base of the Sandia mountains in Albuquerque start at 6210 feet finish at 10,300 feet. Over 4000 feet of climb in 9.2 miles, including large section running over loose rocks and boulders. Cardio butt kicker consistently ranks among hardest trail runs in the US. Took just a bit over 3 hrs. Tired today !!!!

cornutt and Purr like this.
  11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Don't know what I did to my arms yesterday, but whatever it was I did it good; can feel it in my bicep muscles; maybe I'm at the beginning of getting some definition

Mr 4 styles likes this.