Dancers Anonymous > Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

lol I'm up to 4 minutes

3wishes likes this.
  2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

So apparently the crazy Zumba I've been doing, then all the hiking, grand cyn, Flagstaff, Prescott, Sedona, this week actually helped me this week at Galaxy Dancesport! But today, I am soooooo sore, like a rubber band that has snapped and contracted after competing in multiple unanticipated rounds yesterday. Today is a day for checking out the Baltimore Spa Shops, that's going to be my form of exercise, "charge it please"!!!!! Rofl.

Sania, Mr 4 styles and cornutt like this.
  3. 3wishes

2 nights cruise on Disney Wonder out of San Diego, let's leave at "plenty of stairs and steps, without the gym or even checking the fit bit.

Sania likes this.
  4. 3wishes

Show off- heh heh heh.

Ok. Have obligations 3x a week miles away, will have to rearrange, Oh the horror!,,, having to exercise in the evening, gag, haven’t done that in 5 years.
    Too bad we are not on the Disney cruise, exercise was easy peasy on the ship.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. Mr 4 styles

Five workouts in 30 hours, last of which was an 8 mile trail run in 84 degree heat with 520 feet of climb. Not my fastest but first 4 were fastest ever. At sea level so all the altitude training has helped but even I admit I bit off more than I can chew. Over 10,000 calories burned Lean and mean. And tired

cornutt likes this.
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

That was one of the goals in yesterday's yoga class.

7. 3wishes

Went to this morning, Saturday, Zumba. Met up with pal from regular Zumba independent studio class. OMG, she had to save me a space, i’ve Never been in such a crowd, and I do mean crowd. Great work ou though, will have to visit this class again.

8. Mr 4 styles

Orange theory yesterday and today. One lady there was stride for stride with me. It was awesome. Much respect to her

9. Mr 4 styles

14 mile trail run

100 burpees

60 pull-ups. 20 each grip

Just another fitness day for M4s.

Spartan beast next Saturday

3wishes, cornutt and Purr like this.
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

We'll be looking for you on American Ninja Warrior...you can be the "Ballroom Ninja"...:)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

I’m down with that !!

Hell week at orange theory. Figures today was “don’t fear the burpees”. Run/ burpees/run/ burpees etc etc. and a 23 minute uninterrupted row

12. Mr 4 styles

So I did it twice !!!!

13. Mr 4 styles

Spartan Beast tomorrow. Wish me luck

fascination likes this.
  14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

having to stick to less intake here as I am working full time now and am lucky to get 4 hours of exercise in a week...sigh

Purr and Mr 4 styles like this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

9th from 62 in my age in the Spartan Beast 12.75 miles 4250 feet of climb up and down the ski slopes of snow summit at big bear lake. Tons of tough obstacles but I kicked major butt

3wishes, Purr and RiseNFall like this.
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Do you have a lunch hour or lunch break, where you could work something in? Is there a gym in your building? Or a walking path nearby?

We don't have a gym in my building, so generally I walk at lunch. If the weather's nice, I walk outside. If the weather's not so nice, there's always the Convention Center. I checked with one of staff, and because the Convention Center is a public building, walkers are welcome. I've also walked the floors of the parking garage, but it's dark and creepy, so I won't do that unless I have no other choices. I've bought my yoga mat and stretch bands to work a few times, closed the door of my office, and did a few relaxation poses. When your time is limited, you figure something out.

17. 3wishes

Ahhhh my home snow ski instructor “hills”. Congrats!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  18. 3wishes

Signed up for Pilates Reformer class offering via Groupon! Uhhhhh, i’ll Be waiting till after Hollywood Dancesport to take that on. I never get a little bit sore! I get a whole lot of sore and then can’t left my arms. Lol

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the nature of my work is that it is a) unpredictable, and b) all over the place...still getting in morning work out and weekend walks but nothing compared to my usual routine...it's okay....there's a time for everything

3wishes and RiseNFall like this.
  20. Mr 4 styles

Also completed hell week at orangetheory. 5 brutal workouts minimum over 8 days . It was worth it ! the shirt is cool!!!!

Purr likes this.