Favorite Line Dance

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by dancersdreamland, May 19, 2005.

1. luh

luh Active Member

there seem to be many versions of it (just slightly different). Anyone knows how come?
    luh

2. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Hmm... not sure what's up with the slightly different versions. My guess is it was originally choreographed one way, some came along and decided to do different styling, then others picked up on the styling and someone the various stylings are now taught as the original form of the dance. Just a thought...

The major difference I see is in one version you begin with a right and left grapevine while in another version it's a foot-twist-slide type of thing to the right twice and then to the left twice. Given the name, I would assume the slidey thing - technical term :wink: - is the correct way.

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

The "Awa-odori", danced in the city of Tokushima on the island of Shikoku during their 3-day summer dance festival. People are not lined up next to each other, rather they form a procession. There is the delicate women's dance and then there is the more raucous and even silly men's dance(which is the one I do- women can do it too!) which is lots of fun and has you pretty sore the next day from crouching down and flailing arms around all night!

4. dancersdreamland

Sounds like fun. Can you recommend a site with pictures?

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

6. dancersdreamland

I really like Mambo #5 as well. I'll have to look up Men in Black...is it to the Will Smith song?

7. chandra

chandra New Member

I was googling for stuff on sweat, and the 4th result was my post on this thread!! :)

8. dancergal

dancergal New Member

I think so. It's a fun dance and it's easy.

9. wcsjon

wcsjon New Member

Chill Factor is fun!
    3AM is good.
    Smooth Criminal is awesome but noone knows the choreographer, lol.
    SXY was pretty fun, but it died off here, I taught it at Peach State a couple of years ago.

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Chill Factor? That sounds intriguing. What music do you dance that to?

11. wcsjon

wcsjon New Member

Last Night, by Chris Anderson.

12. Anthony (Wigan)

Anthony (Wigan) New Member

The Beast or Adams Ale depending on Ability

One of the greatest dances I have ever done with a song by the greatest english act we have had, its a shame they arnt still going (cheap seats - Somrthin' in the water)

13. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

I was an X Files fan for a while back then.
    New episodes. New cases...
    The set up here is that Mulder is given what he thinks are two capsules consisting of "magic mushrooms," in an effort to communicate with a comatose suicide bomber. Turns out the he was given a placebo, but since he is in Texas...

14. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

:) One of the on-going disputes in the studio is whether or not "Achy Breaky Heart" is one of the worst songs every written and should never ever be played over the studio sound system. Unfortunately, one of the studio owners likes it.... Or likes to torture the rest of us.