Dancers Anonymous > food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmm leftoversssssss

Purr likes this.
  2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I thought about this a lot walking at lunch. Here's a couple of suggestions:

1) have heart to heart with DH as you suggested, and explain that too much food/cooking meals doesn't equivocate love
    2) give DH a shopping list with specific quantities, i.e. 3 or 4 bananas instead of a whole bunch, or 2 avocadoes instead of 6
    3) go with DH grocery shopping
    4) you do the grocery shopping
    4) get involved in the menu planning, which will facilitate generating a shopping list
    5) last resort, let some food go bad, so DH will get the idea it's too much

I do most of the grocery shopping at the Purr household, so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Cooking 2 meals a day doesn't happen either. Monday through Friday, breakfast and lunch are on your own. Dinner is a cooked meal twice a week, and leftovers are 2 or 3 times a week; other dinner is usually a throw together of whatever's handy. On the weekends, I fix lunch (note: I didn't say I actually cooked anything), and dinner is on your own. It all seems to work out, and no one starves.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I do the shopping but the Mrs cooks most if the time. If I have time I cook too asvi have training and am actually better at it :p
    We have dinner out tw ice a week rest is at home and usually only two dishes alternating

Purr likes this.
  4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I actually look forward to fixing lunch on Saturday. :) I'm not sure what will be on the menu this Saturday, though. Last Saturday's menu:

- Ham and turkey sandwich on Italian bread
    - low sugar/plain apple sauce cup with granola garnish and sprinkled with cinnamon; stuck a granola almond butter cookie in the apple sauce for fun
    - Three or four sliced strawberries
    - Fruit and vegetable help yourself kind of thing tray; think it had avocado, orange slices, prunes stuffed with peanut butter and rolled in sugar, green peppers, and some other stuff
    - vegetable crackers