Ballroom Dance > funniest thing a coach has ever said about your dancing

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 4, 2007.

1. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Got the two following remarks in a recent lesson: "you look like a sloth." "what are you doing with your arms? you look like you are in a mariachi band!" those are two pretty random things to get during a lesson. It was even funnier because he then imitated a sloth AND then a mariachi player. YES, PEOPLE, I PAY FOR THIS. :):rofl:

Sania, twnkltoz and cornutt like this.
  2. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

The studio co-owner says, "You pay for this??" to me all the time when my teacher is doing an imitation of something less-than-stellar that I did..

scullystwin42 and twnkltoz like this.
  3. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

But then you could conceivably respond to your coach when you manage to do something really nicely by quoting Kirk Cousins: "You like that! You like that!"

Joe likes this.
  4. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Today, said with great enthusiasm:
    "That was almost good!!"

Sigh....

twnkltoz likes this.
  5. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

"That was your first outside partner step I've actually liked!"

RiseNFall and twnkltoz like this.
  6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

"It has to be more violent"

stash likes this.
  7. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

This had better refer to either tango or paso; or, you've still got some 'splainin' to do. :)

8. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Samba - it's a push-pull sort of move that has to be done pretty fast.

9. scullystwin42

"because you're not 100%, you danced more released and relaxed. it's like you were in 'safe mode'" i am still giggling from that. (IT NERD ALERT)

ajiboyet and Dr Dance like this.
  10. joeldawson

joeldawson New Member

My coach, soon after having a baby, described my dancing that day like a quality car seat. There's the car seats that are cheap and, while they are functional, don't look all that nice or put together. On that I looked like a quality stitched car seat.

11. scullystwin42

Ok, so I can now add "praying mantis" and "hedgehog" to things i have been told i look like by my pro.

IndyLady, RiseNFall, twnkltoz and 2 others like this.
  12. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I'll take praying mantis over t-rex. :rofl:

scullystwin42 and IndyLady like this.
  13. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I can neither confirm nor deny that my pro and I have been in discussions about a winter showcase piece that involves one of those t-rex costumes that you see people post videos of people doing things in on Facebook and the like. :D

scullystwin42, Joe, Sania and 6 others like this.
  14. cloey

cloey New Member

"We should take a video of your face and put it in your 'spoofs' file for future reference"! ..Teacher does painful imitation.... All part of competition prep. Obviously have to get this smiling gig under control :)

cornutt and RiseNFall like this.