Dancers Anonymous > Girl Found Living with Monkees

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Apr 7, 2017.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

ct-girl-found-living-with-monkeys-20170407-001.jpg
    In this case it looks like she may have lived with the monkeys from infancy until she was 11 or 12. I find this sorry very fascinating because and gives us a window into her behavior is socialized. It also shows how we can survive in varying conditions that are quite foreign to what we know. More here

It seems that when she was discovered the Monkees she was living with her surrounded her for protection. she also would throw food on the ground and then eat it with her mouth. Now she is learning to communicate with gestures and sometimes smiles.

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Female Tarzan.

Aside: Is living with monkeys worse than working with chowderheads?

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Female mowgli... I suspect she may be mentally challenged and have been abandoned

nessundorma likes this.
  4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

from the thread title, I was expecting Mickey Dolenz et al

Sania, raindance, Joe and 1 other person like this.
  5. DanceMentor

It would be fascinating if she is able to learn to speak fluently in English or at least the local language. Then maybe she can describe her memories of what it was like to live among the monkeys. For me this is fascinating how a person can live such an alternative lifestyle. Even better is if they were able to tell us about it.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

j_alexandra and Larinda McRaven like this.
  7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

"far from being raised by animals in the Katarniya Ghat forest range, the girl, who doctors believe has mental and physical disabilities, was likely to have been recently abandoned in the wilderness by her carers, the district chief forestry officer said.

JP Singh said the girl was actually found on a roadside near the forest, not deep in the wilderness. And though there were monkeys in her vicinity, his rangers “never found this girl living with monkeys”, he said.

So not nearly as interesting and Disney as first suspected. More like her parents didn't want to continue to raise a mentally and physically disable female child. So they dumped her off on a road out in the boonies just a few days prior. And considering the entire wildlife reserve has CCTV and she was never spotted on camera it is even more unlikely that she was living there more than a few days.

Sania and nessundorma like this.
  8. DanceMentor

Interest interesting how major news outlets did not tell this story. I wonder if it's true that the monkeys were trying to protect her as they said in the story.

9. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Got a lumbago yesterday and could not get on my feet again :-(

By the way the girl suffers from quadrupedialism, which is a brain disorder, caused by a VLDLR-gene mutation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLDL_receptor#VLDLR-associated_cerebellar_hypoplasia
    Very often children like this one used to be marooned by her own family...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  10. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

As I suspected

Purr and Larinda McRaven like this.