Funstuff and Inspiration > gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

glad to hear it

2. fascination

for some recent good fortune

stash, RiseNFall and scullystwin42 like this.
  3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Grateful for a warm couch on a subzero night and a good book to read. Grateful I don't have to listen to people at work yammer on about the Bears for several months. Grateful I can still see stars at night even though the light pollution here is terrible. Grateful my crockpot rarely fails me when I want a cheap meal instead of eating out. Grateful for spectacular linguini when I do eat out. Grateful for cheap red that tastes good (sorry about that, wine snobs).

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I think another little layer of neck muscle released. I have a session with my massage therapist tomorrow and can't wait to get her assessment. Last time, she told me that there's a pesky glob of scar tissue that she's trying to get to, but she said it's partly buried within some other muscles. Maybe this release will help.

RiseNFall likes this.
  5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I realized that the emergency surgery on my neck was 2 years ago today. I am enormously grateful that my recovery has allowed the whole incident to become more and more of a distant memory.

RiseNFall, fascination and raindance like this.
  6. fascination

grateful for an inspiring young woman in my cycling class tonight who shared that, despite an MS diagnosis, she is going to keep training for a triathlon....I felt blessed that she deemed me worthy of sharing such an important thing and inspired to change my own attitude about so many of my own recent limitations

SwingingAlong, Cal and RiseNFall like this.
  7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Good for her!

8. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Yes. Recent news that a friend has a motor neuron syndrome and possibly not more than 5 years left, helped me to change from thinking of all the things I don't have (yes,that includes no comp or practice partner) to "What CAN I do?".
    I now find when I practice by myself, I get immense joy from simply having the choice to do so. Yes there are times that is is lonely and hard work, and I feel a bit jealous reading about those of you who are able to compete, or even have a lesson every week, and I wish for those things. But in the end, I am grateful for what I CAN do, and have (like a new pair if shoes if I want them, and a garden, among other things).

fascination likes this.
  9. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

The co-owners of the dance studio where I am a student. I'm beginning to appreciate how hard they work to give us all such a positive experience.

The students I teach who go out of their way to show their appreciation for their teachers.

chomsky likes this.
  10. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Today I am grateful for the life I have. It may not be easy or flawless, but it is perfect.

SwingingAlong and RiseNFall like this.
  11. fascination

grateful that my first pro's mother is a seamstress ...I have decided that I want to wait until the end of this competition year for me before I make any investments in gowns but I think I have some really good ways to tweak what I currently in order to maximize the positive and minimize the negative :)...just hope she can do some of it before an upcoming comp

12. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I'd started physical therapy for my neck two years ago last week and have worked on it consistently, if not patiently, that whole time. I've noticed over the last couple of days that the soreness has disappeared. And this morning, it seems that my neck and shoulders are much freer, and that my sternum is able to move outward. So maybe now I can stop "guarding" my neck and start moving again! I'm so very, very grateful for the people who worked with me to get me to this point. And, I'm going to pull out pen and paper and write an updated thank-you letter to the family who so selflessly donated the tissue of their loved one so that someone totally unknown to them could benefit the way I have.

If you've never thought about becoming an organ/tissue donor, please consider it.

j_alexandra and RiseNFall like this.
  13. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Grateful today for glorious, sunny and warm weekends that came just in time to banish the dark, cold and wet winter and remind me that life isn't as gloomy and hermit-worthy as it seems.

14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Grateful that our son reached out to me in his time of need rather than going it alone. (He never ever reaches out).

cornutt, RiseNFall and fascination like this.
  15. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

sun coming through my window office as we speak...

raindance and cornutt like this.
  16. chomsky

cornutt liking my posts after almost 4 years...;)

j_alexandra, RiseNFall and cornutt like this.
  17. chomsky

This is so touching...thanks! My hubby is a teacher andn so I am and it is a two-way relationship.(we do not teach dance but there you go)

18. chomsky

Grateful for deciding to come back here. It's so nice the forum is there after all this time!

19. fascination

better respiratory health than last year

j_alexandra and cornutt like this.
  20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Are you doing something different, or is it just a matter of finally getting past a chronic problem?