Funstuff and Inspiration > gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes....we pulled every piece of carpeting out of the house and I got all new pillows and I now don't do anything which might irritate my lungs without a mask...like cleaning the litter boxes and and floors....I also now have a rescue inhaler and take more effective allergy meds, and if it is too dry we run the vaporizer....I also continue to be committed to getting some cardio each week...and we have taken a break from having a fire in the fireplace...it has all helped....

unfortunately, now that I am back at hospice work, I am exposed to way too much heavy cigarette smoke with our patients and it definitely causes me some set backs

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're making progress on that. It sounds like you have a sensitivity to airborne particulates.

3. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Today I believe in the power of prayer.

Loki and cornutt like this.
  4. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Today I am grateful for.....cheap rhinestones. My entire body is crazily achey:pain: but I can sit at my table by the window and stick rhinestones onto stenciled flowers and be at peace, at least with with my creative self:joyful:. I wouldn't experiment like this with expensive stones, but the cheap ones are great to play with. They are also lead free (I guess that is one reason they are not as sparkly). I am wondering about making a few more flowers and adding them to bracelets and then attaching some sort of float....
    S1380001.JPG

Loki and fascination like this.
  5. Yana Keat

Yana Keat New Member

I`m grateful for the amazing weather behind the window :)

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Grateful the now passed monsoon didn't turn to snow as the TV weather goobers were initially predicting. The flowering trees are popping like crazy after all that rain. Daffodils are blooming too.

And I have a weekend with nothing, absolutely nothing, on my calendar. Except for a king-hell burrito sometime.

fascination and SwingingAlong like this.
  7. fascination

it's Friday...that is all....

j_alexandra likes this.
  8. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

The healing power of dance. After a long and stressful week and some emotional chaos, headed to lessons in a cranky and stressed out frame of mind - and had some of the best lessons ever and a complete transformation of attitude off the floor. That is the power of this crazy "hobby" of ours.

9. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

I would double like this if we had a button for it. I have had a #$%^ week with pain, and two hours with my social dance group, 5 new beginners, and I am .....happy:). Yes ibuprofen took away the pain, but it can't make me smile the way dancing does.

10. fascination

food in the fridge, heat, a job I love, my grandson who turned 6 today

j_alexandra and RiseNFall like this.