Gregory Hines and some greats...

Discussion in 'Videos' started by flashdance, Sep 14, 2008.

1. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

2. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Had the pleasure of knowing Greg and have danced/choreographed w/ his brother Maurice, whose talents unfairly lived much in Greg's shadow. Greg's protege, Savion Glover, was also, a close friend of ours when we were in NY.

3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I went to see if they had it at the local blockbuster but they didn't have it. Will rent it thru the online store.

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

he left us *way* too early....

(actually, both of them)

5. Angel HI

:confused: Both ??

6. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I'm jealous! :) I so wish Gregory was still alive, he was brilliant to watch and his personality came across on screen as a genuine/nice guy.... :)

Savion's fantastic too. Great what he has done for tap over the years...

GJB : Keep looking, it's great film, story isn't brilliant but who cares - it's the dancing that we like!

White Nights has a brilliant performance from Mikhail Baryshnikov too (especially the first 5 minute routine he does...)

7. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I had the joy of seeing Gregory and Savion in person (different occasions). They were/are both BRILLIANT!!!

8. Angel HI

Greg was a cool guy. Perhaps, I'm biased b/c I knew him as just the guy who lived a couple of doors down, as well as the guy who was the greatest modern-day tapper. Though Sav (pronoucned 'save') didn't/doesn't have the niceness that Greg had, he always had that charisma, and yes, has done an extreme for tap today. This thread has kind of inspired me to give him a call.

9. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I'm watching 'Tap' now !

10. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

11. Angel HI

12. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

That old link doesn't work anymore, so here's one that does.

Bailamosdance likes this.