Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Just realized I wrote "progress basic" instead of "progressive basic". But I'm pretty sure almost everyone can figure out what I meant. ;)

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The first step (no pun intended) is just getting someone on the dance floor.

Purr likes this.
  3. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Some years ago I used to see a young couple competing in syllabus standard at local amateur comps. At first I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but I finally spotted that the man had no left hand; his forearm ended in a "stump" just above where a wrist would have been. When they took hold, he just held his forearm up, and the lady rested her hand on his stump, and for the level they were dancing, it looked fine.

Purr and Loki like this.
  4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I know of a young woman in the west coast swing community that has what I suspect is some kind of birth defect with one of her arms. It doesn't slow her down any - she dances just fine (definitely much better than I do with this particular dance). She doesn't seem to lack for partners either when I've seen her out.

5. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Then there was the woman who walked out right in the middle of her gender reassignment operation. Apparently she just got upset about something and went off half-cocked . . . .

6. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Active Member

I just dug my tater I planted to eat on Xmas day. It yielded 6.5 kg:dancingbanana:

cornutt and RiseNFall like this.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

uh...did you think about that for a while before you decided to share o_O

RiseNFall likes this.
  8. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Are you going to boil 'em, mash 'em, or stick 'em in a stew?

11. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Active Member

For a start, boiled with the skins on, a bit of salt and butter......mmmm. If there are any left after that, do it again:)

fascination likes this.
  12. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

I knew I should have chosen the whining thread instead... Now my potato craving is back. Curse you.

13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I am wearing one of fascination's old rings today. It's a coppery color, with dark red, fuchsia and rose stones set in a rectangle fashion. My best guess is that the ring is from the 1928 line of jewelry.

RiseNFall and fascination like this.
  14. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

This is a day or too late, but why not...

I recall reading on this forum a while back a suggestion to put stinky dance shoes in the freezer to get rid of the smell (under the theory that the cold would kill the bacteria causing it).

My dance shoes have been sitting my car over the past week, during which time we have had sub-freezing temperatures (dipping down to zero degrees Fahrenheit at the lowest point). I find myself wondering if that removed any smell issues that any of them may have had....

Loki likes this.
  15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Let us know how the frozen shoes turn out.

16. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas!

Sania and RiseNFall like this.
  17. 3wishes

Breaking out in big smile when hearing the Charlie Brown Chirtmas Dance on Ice music,,, not a Christmas season without it.

cornutt likes this.
  18. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, DF! Blessings to you all, all ways and always. :dancingbanana:

Purr, Sania, Loki and 3 others like this.
  19. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Have a blessed and fulfilling New Year, DFers! Hope our paths cross on the floors in 2017. New Year.jpg

Purr, Sania, fascination and 2 others like this.
  20. 3wishes

Happy New Year!

Purr likes this.