Dancers Anonymous > Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Dance with an American you nationalist!!!!!!! Lol jk

FancyFeet likes this.
  2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Have discovered a trove of videos of ballroom professional competitions from the late 1980s through the 1990s. Too much time on YouTube? Not me...

3. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I am cleaning out my house (good) and there seem to be an infinite number of objects in it (not good). I am enjoying finding lots of immediately useful stuff, however. :D

stash and raindance like this.
  4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I've tried to convince one or two to move here...

5. Mr 4 styles

Or you could move here!!!

Joe likes this.
  6. FancyFeet

:rolleyes:

Me yesterday, after a particularly bad meeting: "You know, that e-mail I got the other day from a guy in Italy looking for a dance partner to compete and teach is looking better and better... stupid need for job security!"

My boss (who is awesome, and a former competitive skater, and therefore really supportive of my dancing): "You know you can take a year leave without pay and have your job waiting for you when (if) you decide to come back, right? I'd support it, if that's what you really want to do."

Me, who is in the running for a promotion: "Tempting, but I'm not about to chuck it all and move to Italy because of one rough meeting."

Except now I'm actually thinking about the possibility... I hadn't actually considered that I might be able to move for a partnership yet keep my safety net here (secure, permanent, pensioned job; home ownership; etc.). I'm in a serious thinky-place today, trying to work through all the contributing factors with this new frame of reference.

Sania, Purr, j_alexandra and 2 others like this.
  7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

If nothing else, it's exciting to know you have the option!!!!

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You may not want to come back...

Mr 4 styles and Loki like this.
  9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thursday afternoon after work I went to the bank and had a tedious transaction which required two tellers. I apologized for the inconvenience. They said, oh no, we're here for the customers. I said, I've been a customer of the bank a long time, since I was in my early twenties, and I'm 51 now. The looks on their faces were priceless. One said, but I thought you were going to say you were in your thirties.

While I think we've established that my "good complexion" is more or less an illusion, it's true I have few lines and wrinkles. And I was having a good hair and makeup day Thursday. And I was wearing a charcoal grey sweater dress and black tights, which may have given off a youthful vibe. I mean seriously, who wears dresses to work?

Anyway, I thought it was hilarious that I might pass for ten or more years younger than I really am. It's too funny. I had a good workout at the gym yesterday, and I am feeling my age this morning.

stash, j_alexandra and IndyLady like this.
  10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

The knees/shoulders/back don't lie. ;)

Purr and j_alexandra like this.
  11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

12. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Loki, I like your sig line/poem.

Purr likes this.
  13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

14. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where to put this....

This past weekend at a practice party, the instructor in charge of music announced a salsa and then put on "La Vida Es Un Carnival" by Celia Cruz. I asked a reasonably advanced fellow student to dance. He sort of crinkled his nose and observed "This isn't really a salsa."

Uh, what? I decided that discretion is the better part of valor and didn't say anything (and fwiw, we kept falling off time), but barring some nuanced technicality I don't understand... well... hmmm.

Sania likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

That is one if the greatest salsas ever!!!!!!! I love Celia Cruz

IndyLady likes this.
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I finally broke down and got a new mattress, box spring and bed frame, along with a headboard. It's great, orthopedic ultra plush. Problem is, I'm used to sleeping in my old broke down set. I expect it will take a few days to get used to the new set.

17. FancyFeet

Got told at ballet tonight that I should get myself fitted for pointe shoes when I am in Montreal to compete in 2 weeks. As I've been taking ballet for exactly 2 years starting from absolute beginner, and only once a week up to now, I thought I'd need another year. I'm exicited to try... and more excited about how far this means I have come!

Sania, Purr, IndyLady and 5 others like this.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Yay for mangled feet!

19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

One of my coworkers is diabetic and I've always felt a bit bad that he can't partake in office birthday cakes and the like. So, since his birthday was yesterday, I presented him with a bacon-topped meatloaf cake (with mashed potato frosting). That went well! :D

20. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Why can't people bathe??? Two men in the frozen food aisle at Kroger reeked of body odor. They were together, so most likely they didn't notice it themselves. But I'm sure everyone else did. :rolleyes::wacky::confused:

IndyLady likes this.