Dancers Anonymous > Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I'm jealous. We got a foot of the stuff on Sunday... made for a long drive home from comp!

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

no snow in SD !!

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Random thought for the day:

Meh.

That is all.

SwingingAlong likes this.
  4. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Happy thought: I have been doing an oil painting for the first time in ummmmmmmmmm 10+ years. As I started yesterday I was wondering why on earth I was bothering (using wash layers to tint the canvas as a background). Today, I got the feeling of creamy paint, a springy brush and a responsive canvas, and WOW I can still enjoy painting after all!!! I also had my extractor fan on so the smell didn't get me so much:rolleyes:

5. SwingingAlong

And another happy one, it is fine for the first time in days. We have had the wettest few months since 1984, so actual sun is making me feel very happy!:):cool::)

6. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

In sunny Greece lot's of snow this year.

I am happy today because it is the day of my dance lesson. It's my fourth lesson after I'd quit!!! Happy Happy Happy thoughts!!!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  7. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I'm happy for you!

8. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

I forgot to set my alarm last night so DH came in and woke me up, about 30 minutes after I would have normally gotten up (with alarm). The truncated time table required me to find some opportunities for efficiency in my morning routine. So I skipped shampooing/conditioning my hair (showered, but wet only). And whaddya know, my hair looks noticeably better today (fuller/textured/complex) than it does normally. Hmmm.

j_alexandra likes this.
  9. SwingingAlong

painting detail.jpg Painting.jpg A couple of detail shots - nearly done:joyful:

Purr, IndyLady, j_alexandra and 4 others like this.
  10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Cheap (and decent) sangria! Happy, happy, happy!

Joe and IndyLady like this.
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Hic!

Loki likes this.
  12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

"Dance like nobody's watching.

Because they're not - they're all checking their phones."

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Purr, jiwinco, Mr 4 styles and 4 others like this.
  13. jiwinco

jiwinco Active Member

Sounds ridiculous because I love dancing... But so happy to not be dancing right now. Left the studio filled with high school behavior by the owners... clicks, popular students... and all the rest of the crap that I left over 30 years ago.. feels like a massive relief! I will work on finding an independent teacher, so that I can continue my dance journey without all the stupid stuff around it

Purr, cornutt, raindance and 3 others like this.
  14. Hip-botter

Hip-botter New Member

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Not since college.

Purr, jiwinco, Joe and 2 others like this.
  16. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Signs you have a narrow frame:

Ergonomic assessment report at work recommends a chair with armrests that adjust to 18" apart. (My boss thought it was a typo!)

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Awhile back a friend gave me an asymmetrical silver necklace with red glass beads. Last night I discovered the red coating had flaked off a little off two of the beads. :( So, I got out a bottle of red nail polish and lightly painted the beads where the paint flaked off. Problem solved! :)The polish adhered well to the beads, and while I know where the polish is, no one else would pick up on it. ;) I wore the beads this morning. :D:cool:

Yes, today is have fun with the smilies day! :p

Sania, j_alexandra and IndyLady like this.
  18. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

This is both random and happy for me:

The other day I was in line at the post office, first thing in the morning right when it opened. There was one customer in front of me who was being waited on by the one employee behind the counter. A family came in and got in the passport line, except the passport office wasn't open yet - it was 8:00, and the sign said it opened at 9:00. The father of the family walked over to the main counter and started to ask the employee (who was in the middle of helping the aforementioned customer) a question. The employee briefly looked at him and said sharply "Just a moment" and finished up with the current customer.

It was so refreshing to see someone actually have to wait their turn for once, instead of rude interruptions like that being attended to immediately.

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

So I decided to do some shopping on my lunch hour. I picked out two casual tops at Talbot's and got in line. The two sales persons at the register moved at glacial speed. One older lady, who bought over $900 in one transaction, and had another transaction pending, graciously let me pay for my items ahead of her second transaction. She said she was buying clothing for her 90 plus year old mother. And while her sales person was ringing up her first transaction, she was still picking out items, so I think my transaction gave her even more time to shop.

I also bought a springbok jigsaw puzzle at Hallmark for me and my mom to do at Easter - it's a picture of various candy items. And I bought calcium and a multi vitamin at Whole Foods.

20. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I see that in a completely different way- an employee being abrupt with a customer- maybe rightfully so, or maybe a kinder gentler approach would not hurt... I apologize in advance, but more and more it seems to me that the world is a harsh place and kindness and empathy is much needed. I'm probably way over-reading your situation- so apologize for that again...