Ballroom Dance > Hot Ballroom Dancesport Challenge - new USAD comp on west coast

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by flying_backwards, Mar 13, 2017.

1. There are very few USA Dance comps out here in California. You east-coasters are so lucky! The calendar is chock full of comps on your coast. So I'd like to see this new one succeed in Long Beach, California. I cannot post links yet but put this in google:

Hot Ballroom Dancesport Challenge

Sunday May 21st. Registration by April 30 (or late fee).

I asked about Senior events. There ARE age-bracket senior events. You cannot tell this from the website. I asked and they explained the events are too numerous to list on the preliminary schedule page. You can see all the events on the o2cm registration form. There is W/Q in bronze and W/F/Q in silver for all the age levels.

Any bronze standard am-am couples from DF want to join us?

I hope this is a trend for more comps out west.

s2k and Borazine like this.
  2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Borazine and flying_backwards like this.
  3. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Take note that it's not an NQE for adults.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. Right. And it is just "registered", not "sanctioned". Maybe that is because it is its first year. Also you can enter with just a social USAD membership, cheaper than a competitor membership.

DanceMentor likes this.
  5. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see this! We can't make it this year, but May is a good time for us in general, and it would give us a chance to see my sister and family in San Diego. I hope it goes well enough that they do it again next year, and I'll keep it in mind for then.

flying_backwards likes this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

The only way it can become an nqe for adults is through support.!!!!!