Tango Argentino > How do you feel about talkative people?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by koinzell, Mar 7, 2017.

1. JTh

JTh Member

I like it... But have to be quick smart about application of it. most followers also like it very much if I as the leader chat them up on the floor.. But some don't and have to be quick to know when to hold em and when to keep quiet. Doesn't work for everybody.

2. Mia

Mia Member

Just a question, don't a lot of you find that it is sometimes hard to chat given the music volume at certain venues?

3. Yes, but even when it's not hard it's not appropriate, particularly when dancing Tango.

4. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

True. I know a venue where the sound is kept so low (because of neibourhood) that if anyone is chatting then nobody can hear the music.

5. ArbeeNYC

ArbeeNYC Member

Yes, but you can talk close to your partner's ear. And some people have loud voices. Also, I'm referring to conversations between songs in a tanda, not while the music is playing and you're dancing. I don't talk while dancing and don't like it when others talk while dancing.

6. Omar Maderna

Omar Maderna Member

Do whatever you feel is appropriate for the situation between songs.

Use your people skills. If you don't have people skills, develop them.

SiempreTuna likes this.
  7. Danzzz36

Danzzz36 New Member

Yes I agree. I think the conversation should be saved until after.

8. I guess it depends on the local customs of where the Milonga takes place. For example in Buenos Aires for the first 30 to 40 second of the second or third piece of the tanda, people stand and chat. Only the uninformed tourist dance. It may be different in the US, where people don't pause their dancing.