Country and Western > How would you dance to this one?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Steve Pastor, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

First heard this last week. Blue collar roots? You might like it too.
    Had a hard time deciding how to dance to it.
    What dance would YOU do?

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

West coast swing then switches to Arizona two step

3. Steve Pastor

I first heard this in a Western Swing cd set.

It gets repeat plays when I am driving home after a night of CW dancing.

4. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I'm not a huge fan of WCS, although I will dance it if asked, but this one seems like it would be fun.

5. chanz2danz

chanz2danz New Member

I would do a triple two step to this song, you could also do a Stationary Cha Cha, or even a free style cha cha. Love Lee Brice!

6. kayak

kayak Active Member

I usually dance WCS to the original song.

7. JoeB

JoeB Active Member

You know, a set of "what dance for this song" answers all in one place could be pretty handy. Almost needs to be a spreadsheet to make it easily accessible though.

8. Steve Pastor

I'd prefer a normalized database, myself. You know - one to many relationship.

9. JoeB

JoeB Active Member

Definitely ideal, but a bit tougher to implement unless somebody's already got the software going.

And technically, it would need to be a many to many relationship; after all, lots of songs have more than one option, and dances can go with many songs. Depending on the DB, that would allow for a detailed record for each dance, with notes and links to video tutorials.

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Frug. Mos def.

11. Steve Pastor

Thank Goodness for Kacey Musgraves.
    I'll probably never hear this one at the dance hall, and probably not on the radio either.
    And let's not get into why this song is so close to home.

Had to look into this a bit.
    From "The Boot"

The song, which is a hidden duet at the end of Musgraves’ recent Pageant Material album, was originally recorded by Nelson for his 1965 Country Willie — His Own Songs album. But it was Musgraves, who brought up the song to the 82-year-old while sitting on his tour bus, that inspired the new collaboration.

“He couldn’t believe I knew it,” Musgraves recalls. “I just really loved it. It’s very honest and very country, [and] it’s a neat perspective.

Read More: Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson Share 'Are You Sure?' Video | http://theboot.com/kacey-musgraves-willie-nelson-are-you-sure-video/?trackback=tsmclip

JoeB likes this.
  12. Joe Carter

Joe Carter New Member

triple triple step step. Its all about that slower beet. To slow to two steep but triple ,triple, step, step. Or is it triple, triple walk, walk. It don't matter how you word it that slower beet needs a few more steps to speed it up.

13. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Walk walk triple step triple step is triple two. Just saying

14. Joe Carter

Joe Carter New Member

You are right on Walk Walk triple t.riple that is the step for this song. Mr 4 you are a dancer. Glad to see you here. I was beginning to wonder about this place. But I am glad to see a dancer here. Hi I am new and you will here more from me.

15. Steve Pastor

Today's Bonus Track

Yes, it's a cover, just like the pop version by the Crew Cuts.

16. JoeB

JoeB Active Member

And if anyone says they should do that awful line dance to it, beat them unconscious, (senseless would be redundant) and stuff them in the dumpster out back.