Ballroom Dance > IDS vs. Ray Rose vs. Aida Latin Shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by azntwice, Aug 5, 2015.

1. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

I will check them out. I didn't realize that IDS had a similar heel placement as RR/Aida.

2. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

@Miss Silly hi :) how are you. I was back here researching again, hoping by now there might be some new brand of shoe that offers wide and extra wide that I could try. I love my Aida Karina's - but like many of you do find that the satin on the heel cup and the strap by the ankles do wear out fast. I feel like they definitely wear out faster than the Supadance. But I really love how they look, the square toe, and the heel placement - so I will continue to wear them. I am considering doing what some of you say you did - either get the one with the suede heel cup or a pair in black. But, at $200 a pair...:/

Wanted to ask you what you meant by the above - are you saying that going down just a half size in the Karinas made the shoe feel tighter/narrower, even though you kept the same width.

3. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

@scullystwin42 did you know that the Karina's also come in triple wide.

4. scullystwin42

I do, but i'm not sure i want to special order again. it's been a lot of back and forth with Aida and the Ray rose vendor and costs for restocking. i may switch to a different style in Aida at this point. wish they were vending a little closer to me.

5. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

I hear you. I feel the same way.

Not to mention it takes like a month or more to get the shoes.

I wish Supadance would offer true extra wide options (not just make the straps bigger - which is also what IDS does.)

6. scullystwin42

This thread reminded me! I am selling two pairs of Aida Karina's. just posted in the ads.

7. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

I didn't realize there were ads here. I have a pair of 3" Supadance latin shoes I want to sell.

8. scullystwin42

I am not a fan of supadance at all. But I may try the IDS shoes - earlier in the thread, it's mentioned their heel placement is similar to aida and RR. i am currently wearing the one pair of karina's that do fit me INTO THE GROUND. I do love them, but these are the ones i've been wearing since november last year - and my feet changed drastically over the last 8 months, and that pair changed with it. sigh. I HAD MY PERFECT SHOES I WAS HAPPY AND NOW ITS BACK TO THE BEGINNING AGAIN

9. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

I cannot wear the IDS at all because of how they make their straps.

I tried 2 different models - both have the straps by the toe close to the edge of the shoe - so that less toes show (in my case this meant my toes were really scrunched). The opening of the bands is narrow. So even if the shoes were wide, there is just not enough room in the toe box for me. I like (need) a design were the opening is larger so that more toes are free.

I love the Karinas too. But for all the reasons I mention I still keep looking. But I do love them.

(I haven't worn my Supadance since I've had the Karinas. I wonder how I would feel about the Supadance heel placement now. It's very possible it would no longer suit me since I find the Karinas so perfect. I think what I meant with Supadance more than anything is their durability, availability, and price.)

10. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

This is like the most helpful thing I've ever seen it needed to be reawakened.

Thank you @Miss Silly

j_alexandra likes this.