General Dance Discussion > Instructor Demo

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by AirColor, Oct 8, 2017.

1. AirColor

AirColor Member

So I'm planning on starting a new dance scene from scratch. I'm thinking about doing instructor demos either before or after the lesson. Do you think these demonstrations would be helpful/inspiring to beginners? Or do you think they will intimidate and discourage new dancers from attempting to learn a dance that seems so exceptionally hard? Maybe there are specific ways you can dance to inspire learning but not necessarily to intimidate the beginners. (For context I'll be teaching zouk)

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I think that is a great idea. But I would encourage you the keep the demos very simple. Nothing high level. Just a nice clean showing of what the beginners can aspire to.

Mr 4 styles and Requiem like this.
  3. vit

vit Active Member

Demo on the end of salsa, wcs, zouk etc class is the norm in recent decade I think, so people film it with their cameras and phones. Or it wasn't the case on the zouk classes you were attending before you decided to start teaching ?

4. AirColor

AirColor Member

Yeah but they’re usually shown to people who already are invested in those dances. I was afraid of intimidating a class full of complete beginners.