Tango Argentino > Isn't Tango appropriate for married men or women ?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Green, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

That is true. When you are in a couple, everyone refers to your partner as "tu marido", "tu mujer", and it is totally useless to clarify you are actually not married to each other. In the eyes of everyone you are married. :)

2. sixela

sixela Well-Known Member

I think you may have misunderstood me (since you quoted me to assert things I agree with as if they were in opposition to what I think -- or at least that's the way I perceive it), but you're far too cryptic for me to even try to understand.

Obviously I don't know your secret handshake ;-). Perhaps it's best not to dwell on it.

3. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Some lines from one of her almost daily reports:

My dress (the one with the little flowers) lightened up and drew circles around the dance floor. I think that because of this dress I got noticed by the milongueros sitting at another table. An old man invited me, and as I once decided that sometimes you have to throw a coin into the Trevi fountain, I agreed.

Now if she ever happens to send a report stating that no local dancer invited her, I'll mention it of course.

4. sixela

sixela Well-Known Member

I don't know if that advice to wear a flowery dress would be useful for me, though. My wife tells me I'd better not try it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    twnkltoz likes this.
  5. itwillhappen

itwillhappen Active Member

I would not take a leave from my SO at the entrance of a milonga nor would I wear a flowery dress.
    I'm not a tango clown at all. :cool:

6. sixela

sixela Well-Known Member

I am, but I don't need the dress to be one ;-).