Tango Argentino > Looking for some candombes!

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by koinzell, Mar 15, 2017.

1. koinzell

koinzell Active Member

Looking for candombes recorded by modern orquestras (2000–present). Anyone have some favorites?

2. Gssh

Gssh Well-Known Member

I like tango negro by juan carlos caceres : (toca tango is a candombe, too, i think)

I think there are a few candombes on every single of his albums, so its worth checking all of them out.

I like la chicana for milongas and candombes, too - she has quite a few.

And of course melingo

Most modern tango orchestras should have their own versions of the classics, too.

3. koinzell

koinzell Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Now I need a third danceable song that could go with the following two:

4. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Do you really mean Candombes, or Candombeadas, by chance?

5. Gssh

Gssh Well-Known Member

lol. It would be kinda fun to do an actual candombe when somebody asks for a candombe set - just to see what people would do.

Even the people that do folk dance in addition to tango seem to be much more into the rural folk dances - i know a lot of people who started as folk dancers and then moved into tango, but i don't think i know anybody who has actually studied argentine candombe.

Hmm, that is difficult - tbh, i don't quite hear what theme you are going for - what shared idea between these two do you want to hear in the third?

oldtangoguy and opendoor like this.