Tango Argentino > Videos > Maja Petrovich and Marko Miljevich

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Mladenac, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Mladenac

Mladenac Well-Known Member

I will make a topic of this lovely dancers and greater teachers.
    Since they raised their level of tango, I would spam forum with many new topics.

Maja Petrovic & Marko Miljevic - "Demasiado tarde" - Pugliese/Morán

2. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

O dear: where would tango performers be, if they couldn't start a dance with a big wide step, having waved their feet around a bit first. I didn't bother watching after 10 seconds... It's SO boring.

Mladenac likes this.
  3. Mladenac

They are accentuating Pugliese drama. :bookworm:

UKDancer likes this.
  4. UKDancer

But they do it all the time: even when it's Canaro...

5. Mladenac

I noticed that Marko and Maja have two performance with Canaro and they don't do that. ;)

I also noticed that with many professional performer it's hard to recongnize the music. :eek:
    They dance on the rhythm, but everything else it missed.

And really few professional dancers dance milonga that I can recognize milonga rhythm. :eek:

And I have also have sum turn off point when I close the video, so I completely understand why you quit watching the video. :cool:

6. UKDancer

I was thinking more in terms of performers, generally. More and more, I just don't watch: nearly everyone just churns out the same stuff (with greater or lesser skill) and once you have seen half a dozen, you've seen everything that this style offers. And anyway, I'm feeling grumpy today. ;)

7. Mladenac

I completely understand what you mean since I got comments from some followers about leading and figures.
    Maybe those who perform come from the same teachers. And only certain people are marketed as performers and teachers.
    And since there are lot of eager dancers they tend to dance the same to various music and with various followers.

The comments were that the everyone is leading the same figures but I was dancing completely different. ;)
    I don't say I dance better, I dance how I enjoy the most with a certain partner.
    And that resembles in dancing, embrace and the energy I share with the partner.

It's seems that you are in the phase when you want only to dance and not to watch performances. :cool:

8. Mladenac

Nice milonga :)

9. Mladenac

Mensaje by Troilo/Rufino

10. koinzell

koinzell Active Member

Javier Rodriguez trained them well

11. Mladenac

I don't remember they took classes with him.
    Maybe with someone of that style. ;)

12. TomTango

TomTango Active Member

I actually really like Maja and Marko. They're current inspirations of mine, after Noelia and Carlitos.

If you guys are looking for something a little different in terms of performances, check out Momo Smitt.

13. Mladenac

Please keep posts relevant to the thread.
    Open a new thread and put a relevant link.

14. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Active Member

They were a fresh wind at the time when I saw the first videos with them. It was a quite unlucky coincidence that their natural style was so near the one Carlitos and Noelia have, so to my eyes it looked like they had studied and copied C/N. Though I think M/M natural style was similar from the beginning. Today it seems that they have reached a different own voice.

15. Mladenac

Their big influence were Pablo and Noelia at the beginning. So that might explains the style a little bit.
    Well, dancers can always change their style if they don't like it. It seems they enjoy it.

Their performance I like the most is from Porec 2012

There are some other good ones, I need to search for them.

16. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

thanks Mladenac, for introducing me to their dance.

on their website @ http://majaymarko.com/ they say:

"Our first and most influential teachers were Pablo Rodríguez and Noelia Hurtado. Later we continued to work with Noelia and Carlitos Espinoza. We also studied with Federico Naveira and Inés Muzzoppapa, Bruno Tombari and Mariangeles Caamaño, Chicho Frumboli and Juana Sepúlveda, among others."