Dancers Anonymous > Member Introductions -- Index

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, May 15, 2004.

1. TheGunGuy

TheGunGuy New Member

Thanks

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I'm in Huntsville. If you're ever up here on Friday night, stop by Rocket City Dance Club and I'll probably be there. Are you taking lessons in Birmingham?

3. Raidas

Raidas New Member

Hey everyone ;)
    Name Raidas(Raider)
    Age15
    Sex Male
    Location Lithuania, KlaipÄ—da ;)

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

5. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

Hi I'm Alexandra, fairly new to DF. Im 15, I compete pro/am, I enjoy social dancing and I have a strong back ground in modern, ballet, jazz, bellydance, contemporary, and more.
    I'm working towards becoming a ballroom instructor, I do smooth, standard, rhythm, Latin, salsa, wcs, and hustle.

samina and pygmalion like this.
  6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you, Alexandra!

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to DF Alexandra! :)

8. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

Thank you both.

9. Borazine

Borazine New Member

Well, I just put up my first post on this site, so I guess an introduction is in order.

My name's Ryan; I'm a 25-year-old chemist who's been dancing for about 18 months and lurking on DF for a third of that time. I'm currently in northern Chicagoland but might be moving soon for graduate school.

I started at an Arthur Murray but have mostly switched to an independent studio in the city. My favorite style is West Coast Swing, but I try to be versatile and am actively working on (Am. style) Ballroom, Argentine Tango, and Ballet as well. At this point, I'm a social dancer with no competition experience.

So, yeah. Hi.

10. fascination

11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ditto welcome!!

12. Jhennn

Jhennn New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Jennifer from the Philippines but currently based in Thailand where I was introduced to the world of salsa and bachata. Been dancing for the last 3 years and loving it is an understatement! I'm just lucky that a lot of really great dancers come to Bangkok for their holidays which give us a chance to dance with them. I mostly dance LA and Cuban Salsa and Bachata. I haven't had any formal dance training but was just into hiphop before and freestyle dancing then moved to Salsa. Anyway, I'm still working on learning more styles while enjoying the beauty of the dance itself. :)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  13. fascination

welcome jhennn

Jhennn likes this.
  14. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Huh, how did I just find this? Ah well.
    A tad belated, but I guess I'll formally introduce myself anyways. :p

I'm Shelley, a 19-year old premedical student at the University of Texas at Austin. I started ballroom in Latin last fall and picked up Standard (which has since become my favorite style) in January. I'm also currently one of the competition directors for our club, Texas Ballroom which is in the midst of trying to form a competition team. My favorite dance is probably tango, though the rest of standard is not far behind; and Latin dances still hold a dear place in my heart. Currently I'm working tirelessly to improve my Standard while also trying to pick up some Country and working on my Latin along the way. :D Everyone's been so nice on here DF, so I'm really excited to become part of the community after lurking around here for so long without joining, haha!

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the ranks of actively posting (and self-introduced) members Ailuene! :)

16. alexis9000

alexis9000 New Member

Hey guys'n'girls. The name's Alexis and I'm a 27 year old dude from Portugal. I'll tell ya something interesting. I'm actually not only restricted to dancing, if you ask me I normally sing more than dance (which doesn't mean I do not like dancing at all I completelly enjoy it :), of course, I'm in a dance group at the moment after all :D ). BUT (yes, there is a but)...I have a goal. I want to become a complete artist, and for me that is, not only dancing, but also acting, singing, playing instruments (if possible), etcetera...

Hope you mates can clear all the doubts I can have from dancing.

P.S: Is there any section for Dancing Inclusion, or something like that? (if you know what I mean)

*Cheers*

\o/

17. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Hi Alexis. Welcome to Dance Forums.

Dance Inclusion, I am not sure what that is. But we do not have a forum for it. We have forums for partner dances like Tango and Waltz and Salsa... as we are a site dedicated to Partner Dances. If you can find someone that knows what inclusion dance is, feel free to discuss. But we have no forum for it.

Welcome.

18. alexis9000

alexis9000 New Member

Awww, don't you ever felt like dancing solo? It's even more challenging than dancing with a partner!! This, in my opinion, of course... because you are under pressure of not knowing what to do and you have to start creating some good dancing moves all by yourself. Not easy I know, but I'm sure it's not impossible. And of course, it's a LOT easier with a partner...this is why I like trying solo a lot of times, until I'm good at it. (and no, I do not have girlfriend, lol. Of course, if I had I would at least dance a Waltz with her :p)

19. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Coming from a background of solo dancing, I can say that having a partner does not make things "a LOT easier." In many ways, it's harder. Getting judged for not only what you are doing yourself but how you can do it with another person that has very different capabilities, talents, and skill set from you was a huge difference from solo dancing. Additionally, it's not to say that no one around here dances solo, but that's simply not the focus of this forum. Solo dancing is hard in a different way. That doesn't make partner dancing easy.

20. alexis9000

alexis9000 New Member

Listen. With all those things you said, for sure you're calling my dance mates noobs, and I don't admit that. Yeah I know having a partner is not the easiest thing of the world I know... BUT it doesn't mean you're completelly right. Do not misunderstand me. In fact, I didn't say dancing with a partner was easy, you probably read that sentence in your head, because I did not write that... I said it was easier than doing alone. It's completelly the different the word and the sentence. And this is my opinion.

*Cheers*