Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Millenium

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by tangotime, Jun 3, 2014.

1. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

TLC, are doing themselves proud.. tonite showing this comp. ( maybe the producer is a dancer )

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I was there....wish I could see it....

3. tangotime

The camera work was much superior to the other show.. I did notice that, in the comp. the songs were unusually short .

4. fascination

probably because of how large it was

5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Is TLC showing this in the US? I don't see anything like this on their schedule.

6. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Is this Ballroom Blitz that TLC filmed last year? I haven't seen anything about US air dates. Kinda curious to see how one of the students they were following at a comp I did looks in the show -- her interviews were very staged and over the top.

It's reality TV, not really about the dancing itself, right? Who better to provide good drama to the world than American ProAm ladies? ;)

7. fascination

there were pro am men as well

SwayWithMe likes this.
  8. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

I just haven't seen the same drama from guys, not saying it doesn't happen...

9. tangotime

This one actually showed more of the dancing/dancers, than did the previous one.
    Yes, there were interviews, but, in context one has to realise that, this a public showing ,and for non dancers, background info. is important.

It actually showed practice and lesson time .

Also, are not ALL comps " drama " ??.A behind the scenes look , is a good hook for prospective students: altho, the lady who bragged about how much she had spent to get there, didnt sit well with me.

10. tangotime

Oh but it does !!

11. fascination

knowing the students who were taped for that, and having been around them during taping, I cannot wait for it to come to the states

12. NotSoGinger

NotSoGinger New Member

Does anyone know when Ballroom Blitz will be shown on TLC in USA? Clips of it on YouTube look kind of interesting.