Tango Argentino > Videos > Miriam Larici and Leonardo Barrionuevo - SYTYCD

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Me, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Me

Me New Member

I want to be just like Miriam when I grow up!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
  2. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

They are every bit as good as teachers, as they are dancers. They were at the Boston Tango Festival, and we were so impressed by their workshops that my wife and I took a private from them. It was very helpful.

I'm amazed when Argentines can be more clear with their instruction (in English) than some American teachers seem to be. They are nice people, and seemed genuinely interested in helping people improve.

3. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

I 2nd that. In A workshop in NYC they also showed how to do the same figures in a more open and a more close embrace, with the lady adding more or less energy to the leaders impetus to create a larger or smaller motion

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
  4. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

One of the, if not the, best I've seen for that type of tango. Thanks.

5. Me

Me New Member

Aw. :) I am happy to see such positive response here about Miriam and Leonardo. Miriam is my "idol" when I think about good stage fantasia. Everything is so crisp and connected. There is none of this tricks framed by bad tango, or routine so obviously run through with no connection what-so-ever. Good stuff. :)

6. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Cool, I just finally noticed this thread. I took some group classes from them near where I live. They have a studio called Celebrations in Tustin. They do a great job with their students.

7. TomTango

TomTango Active Member

This happens often for me - Argentine teachers apologize for their bad English, then go on to describe posture with all the complex English words for anatomy and body mechanics. Your English is better than mine, don't apologize!