General Dance Discussion > Mixing Marijuana With Dancing

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Generalist, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Well, considering you're a mod, that's kind of a given, isn't it? I'd hope so, at least.

2. La67

La67 New Member

Wow. A search of the WWW netted me this ONE source of information about Weed & Dancing. I guess I need to give my two cents on this.

I've been dancing socially since 9th grade, deep in the 80s, so this should date me. I like to think that when I'm high, my dancing is off the effen chain. Freestyle dancing with a partner or social tango is what I do. I can't even imagine trying to salsa high. That seems to complicated. With freestyle dancing, Im not all that responsible for my partner. We're each doing our own thing but we're doing them together and sometimes our movement can be communicative. For tango, its a bit more difficult but doable if you're an intermediate to advanced tanguero.

Tango and weed is incredible. Again, I'm talking about social tango, not dancing with the stars performance tango with all the tricks and rose stems in the mouth tango. Social tango and more specifically miloangureo social tango is a bit more private and when it's good, a tango dance is one long juicy hug. Now, imagine receiving the best hug you've ever had in your life. OK. Now imagine that you're high. That's what I'm talking about.

DanceMentor likes this.
  3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

In crowded milongas they dance in 2-3 lanes on the dance floor in LOD. Does it work on weed?

4. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I could imagine if your skills are good already that you can handle yourself high or on a floor that is not too complicated with traffic. That being said I can't even remember being at a function where I even suspected someone might have been high. I don't think it is a very common practice. But Welcome to our forum and thanks for your contribution.