Ballroom Dance > Nasty feet/shoe smell. How to deal?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by tuxedosam, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

amazon dot com /Thai-Deodorant-Stone-Crystal-Fluid/dp/B000B969B4

This is what I have resorted to using on husbands kevlar vest. That thing was disgusting, under his dark blue clothes, in the heat of the summer... Actually it was a smelly mess any time of the year. He would set it on the porch... which works if there is sunlight. But due to his shift work, sometimes there is no opportunity for it to sit in the sun all day. So I started using my thai spray on it. Every time he takes it off he gives it a light spritz and there has not been an odor since.

j_alexandra likes this.
  2. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

That's all well and great until the cat smells his litterbox in your shoe and poops in it...

Loki, Lioness, Sania and 3 others like this.
  3. MyssMyst

MyssMyst Member

Someone gave me the tip to use dry tea bags after practice to soak up the moisture and odor. It seems to be working, actually. It's still in the early phases, but my shoes don't stink as bad as they did (although mine weren't that horrible kill-an-entire-army smell yet).

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

5. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

6. OreganO

OreganO Member

It's not a brand, just a type of cat litter. I believe that the active component is silica

7. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

The first bullet point says
    "Kills 99.9% of germs on hard, nonporous surfaces. "

Don't think a shoe qualifies as hard & nonporous. YMMV.

8. Stacie Charmaine

Stacie Charmaine New Member

I got a small spray bottle from the dollar store (in a set for traveling), filled it with 99% isopropyl alcohol and added some essential oil (I chose camphor because it’s antibacterial). When I’m finished dancing I spray the inside foot bed, it takes care of the nasty smell, and dries very quickly (the 99% is recommended for fast drying times).

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Ummm, I usually just have to burn my shoes once they stink up, but 90% alky might dry your shoes excessively.

10. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I’m just trying to figure out how to kill the everyday used sneaker smell because when grandson takes his shoes off (mind you he’s 11) I just want to die!

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

SCOE 10X.

12. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

You could try washing your feet regularly.